• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llangollen Railway warns it’s at risk of closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomos y Tanc

Is it? How do you know?

I don't know, but unless they have developed a vaccine by the Autumn and have somehow managed to innoculate something like 75% of the global population, it's a fair assumption that social distancing will still be with us. Unless that is, like Donald Trump, you believe it will "just go away".

Llangollen and other Welsh heritage railways also face a problem in that the Welsh Government is, correctly in my view, adopting a far more cautious approach to lifting restrictions than the UK Government is doing in England. You might well find English heritage railways operating while Welsh ones remain closed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I just hope people have enough disposable income for this type of "discretionary" expenditure whenever such attractions reopen. I am not sure if people have grasped how many will have reduced income, or sadly, just state benefits following redundancy. Heritage railways may not be high on family priorities, even for normally busy Father Christmas specials. Hope I am wrong.

HY_4273

Further to DarloRich's posting, the story has been reported on The Railway Hub website:
"Prime minister Boris Johnson said in Parliament today that the Llangollen Railway (LR) has “a glorious future ahead.” It came on the same day the railway announced its Covid-19 appeal had received approximately £75,000 in share purchases and donations, helping to secure its future."
Read the full story at https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/11561/boris-johnson-predicts-glorious-future-for-llangollen-railway/

Hope it's of interest :)

Llanigraham

On Moderation
His actual words were:
I have no doubt that they have a glorious future ahead with my hon. Friend’s support.”
Not quite the same thing.

HY_4273

His actual words were:
I have no doubt that they have a glorious future ahead with my hon. Friend’s support.”
Not quite the same thing.

With all due respect, the full story on The Railway Hub link includes the exact words quoted from Hansard, the official record of parliamentary proceedings. The extract quoted in the post here is merely the intro to the story, which by its nature has to be short and punchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.