• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llantwit Major

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwenllian2001

I noticed yesterday that a TVM has been installed on the Bridgend bound platform. I can't help wondering if this is a complete waste of money. Although there is a brisk trade during the day, there is usually ample time for the conductor to collect fares backed up by the gate staff at Bridgend. The one time that it could prove useful is at 1822 which is invariably formed by a pair of Pacers with the conductor travelling in the rear unit and has no access to the front two cars. The snag being that all of the regulars know this and pile into the front, knowing that the gates at Bridgend are left open after 1830.

I don't know what such a machine costs but it looks likely to become a an expensive ornament.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
Maybe so but sometimes there can be problems at the barrier at Bridgend if there is a large amount of people wanting to purchase tickets so having a TVM at Llantwit Major should help somewhat.

I wish they would install suhc a machine at Pyle especially now that the station is at long last getting some much needed investment and tidying up.

Al I need at Pyle now is a much improved rail service

Status
Not open for further replies.