• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM 323 Refurbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolf

Hi all,

Nipped in to Birmingham today, the train that turned up was a rather shiny, new-smelling refurbished 323. -217 I think was the number. Looked as though it had got a new coat of paint, handrails had all been painted yellow, new floors and new seat cushions (was nice and firm, rather than sinking half the way to the floor as usual).

I've also noticed that one of them (maybe more?) has had new - much brighter - lighting inside it.

I assume the rest of the fleet will be getting a similar treatment in the coming weeks and months?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I've not long been back from a week long trip up to Birmingham, and I did notice a few units were refreshed internally like you say, AFAIK this is being rolled out if and when possible (kinda like SET Networker refreshes).

the sniper

Established Member
I assume the rest of the fleet will be getting a similar treatment in the coming weeks and months?

Tbh, I thought the refurbishment had already been finished! The majority of 323's have already been refurbished inside and out for months now. Unless there's another refurbishment under way already? :|

And your correct, one of the 323's has inside lighting brighter then the sun! :lol:

mumrar

Established Member
No 217 has been with LM for a while..

Well, ever since LM existed, and before that for the duration of Central Trains too. As for a date to the refurb, when the first one, 323201, was done I got a shot a couple of days after, and that was 7th March 2008!! LM did, where possible, keep the refurbs numerical, but I think most, if not all, where done by 2008 end.

Last edited:

thewolf

I know they have all been refurbished once since Central changed to London Midland - Had the new paint work, seat covers and such.

But the one today seemed to have been re-refurbished. The flooring was all new (still white and shiny), the actual seat cushions were new, handrails were painted yellow (are green on all the others) and the outside had either had another coat of paint, or a good clean and wax.

mumrar

Established Member
If the floor is white then that is new, the handrails have been yellow ever since the LM refurb, but the 323s have alwaus undergone a program of continual improvement (regarding the inetrior lighting), 323205 was always the testbed for any trials, including new desks, cab lights, cab seats, buttons, air-con and probably more that have been at first trialled on the one unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.