• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM 323 retractioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd0733

Established Member
Not seen this mentioned anywhere but From the new timetable 1 of the 6car cross city 323 diagrams will run as a 3car as the 26 LM 323s are 'off to Manchester' for retractioning work. Would assume Longsight will be where they are done.
What exactly is this work and are they much different when they return?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'd also be interested in this. I've seen LM on Twitter explaining the shortages by saying that there is to be "essential maintenance" on the trains to "improve reliability"...

rhx

Would also be interested in someone shedding some light on this and if it means we will lose the unique sound.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The loss of the brilliant sound will be a great shame, but I can see why they're doing it. So many ill 323s with dodgy motor coaches whenever I'm in Birmingham...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Let's hope so, Starships won't be half as popular as they are now otherwise. A major overhaul is long overdue, suspect they'll also go to Wolverton for DDA mods soon too

Chris125

Established Member
Surely this is the same work that's already been completed on at least one Northern unit - 323238 if I remember correctly. Does she sound any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.