• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Advance Singles - starting at later station

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuneatonmark

I have two advance LM only singles for a return journey Nuneaton/London/Nuneaton. I would now like to start and return to Rugby, both services stop at Rugby, am I allowed to do that?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I have two advance LM only singles for a return journey Nuneaton/London/Nuneaton. I would now like to start and return to Rugby, both services stop at Rugby, am I allowed to do that?

No, you are never allowed to do that on Advance tickets, you must make the complete journey shown on the ticket.

Established Member
I'm assuming you mean Advance and not super off peak/off peak/anytime singles you have bought in advance?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sonic2009

Established Member
As previous advice offered then you must travel to the points specified on your ticket.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Are both legs on the same day? An easy workaround is to purchase a Rugby - Nuneaton return if so. On the return leg you can simply ask the guard if you need to travel all the way to Nuneaton and back, and will probably be told not to be stupid. On the way out is a little tricky, and actually travelling to Nuneaton and then back is the safest option. I can't realistically though see any guard taking an exception if you simply boarded at Rugby and showed him the ticket to Nuneaton and the Nuneaton - London ticket together.

If not on the same day then two singles instead of a return would be needed, so a bit more expensive, but that is the safest thing I can think of.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
On the way out is a little tricky, and actually travelling to Nuneaton and then back is the safest option.

Can't help but thinking that that defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.

nuneatonmark

Thanks guys for the info. I wouldn't want to fall foul of the rules and simply board at Rugby if there's no barriers (I am sure someone would spot that) or buy a return to Nuneaton just to get through the barriers and board the train, that wouldn't be cricket would it!

Status
Not open for further replies.