• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Class 150/1 at Stourbridge Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkkent

Hi folks

I saw a LM Class 150/1 unit trundling through Stourbridge Junction this evening at approx 19:50; even though it wasn't in service I was under the impression that since the arrival of the shiny new 172's LM had re-allocated all of their 150's minus the 2 prototypes?

Would anyone be able to shed any light on why it was being used and where it was going?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
London Midland have lost the two 3-car prototypes, they are now in service with First Great Western. London Midland have retained three 2-car class 150/1s to work two diagrams: One on the Bedford - Bletchley line, and one on the Birmingham New Street to Hereford services.

Though I don't know what this particular working was.

fgwrich

Established Member
Hi folks

I saw a LM Class 150/1 unit trundling through Stourbridge Junction this evening at approx 19:50; even though it wasn't in service I was under the impression that since the arrival of the shiny new 172's LM had re-allocated all of their 150's minus the 2 prototypes?

Would anyone be able to shed any light on why it was being used and where it was going?

Both the prototypes are now down here and running on our line - FGW's Reading to Basingstoke services.

As for what it is doing im not sure, however it could the the spare unit out of the 3 LM Have left -150105,107&109 - which could be doing a 172 replacement service? Unless it's on ECS between Worcester & Tysley?

clarkkent

Thanks for the heads-up guys, didn't know that the prototypes are at pastures new!

I'm fairly new to all this malarky so you'll have to bear with me!

It wasn't on any passenger service or 172 replacement so I'm assuming it was being moved somewhere for a working tomorrow maybe.

Was never that keen on the 150s as I grew up with the heritage DMU's taking me to Birmingham New Street in the 80's when I was a kid but in a sense it was nice to see one again!

monty9120

i didnt see it unfortunately. i got to moor street at about 8.10 so in time if it was going towards tysley

TDK

Established Member
I saw a 150 coupled to a 170 a couple of days back in service in the Acocks green area

Slight change of unit but I saw 170633 on the Dorridge 14:46 to Worcester which I wish I had been on. I though the 170s only ran on peak services, not on a Bank Holiday Tuesday, but good to see anyway.

Hi folks

LM still have two class 150 2 car units, 150107 and 150109, it could have been used for extra capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.