• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Crewe - Euston now /2 operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I wonder what it is for SWT, since there do seem to be rather a lot of 450s used on 444 workings currently. Or perhaps it's just that no one at SWT HQ is too bothered about what they turn out.

In May 2010 the weekday 444s were 42 of 45, 93%.

At the same time the 450s were 116 from 127, 91% - however the 450s were going through their bogie overhaul programme at that stage.

The 444s are going through bogie overhaul at the moment, so there are probably only 44 available.

Seems like 62 of 67 for the 350s has brought them up to a pretty typical figure for the class after all...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Seems like 62 of 67 for the 350s has brought them up to a pretty typical figure for the class after all...

Is 350 232 still out of traffic for repairs? That could be relevant for the diagramming figures.

WCML

It would be a real poor show if LM used 350/2s on all CRE-EUS services. It's tedious enough as it is, trundling down the slows whilst umpteen pendos go roaring past and you're cramped up for 2 and a half hours with absolutely no space.

The 350/2s would be even worse, and I'm not convinced they actually provide extra capacity with the lack of legroom on the 3 seat side and the fact that most people leave a seat between the other person.

It would be good if LM could utilise or find some extra units and introduce a limited stop version of this route with the 110mph running, it could be a slightly cheaper option than VT, but I bet it'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.