• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM liveried Northern unit on Kirkby branch today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
I was driving underneath the Kirkby branch in Wigan today and saw a London Midland unit coupled to a Northern unit heading back to Wigan Wallgate about 9.35am today.

What exactly was it and why is it up here in the obsolete livery?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The 3 (I think) ex-LM Class 150s have been transferred to Northern as LNR no longer need them. As Northern have a shortage of units, they've gone straight into service.

Hope you enjoy the interior, which while original (i.e. for dwarves) has been kept in very good nick.

Iskra

Established Member
I was driving underneath the Kirkby branch in Wigan today and saw a London Midland unit coupled to a Northern unit heading back to Wigan Wallgate about 9.35am today.

What exactly was it and why is it up here in the obsolete livery?

Thanks.

See above.

There are also a number of ex Scotrail, FGW and GWR units knocking around Northern land at the moment.

TheSel

As others have said, there are three of these in the area. Here's 57109 leading 150109 and a 'standard' liveried 150 into Parbold a few days ago. Shame there's seemingly no 'Southport' on the destination blind.57109 - 150109 - Parbold.jpg

YorksDMU

Last Thursday, there was 150107 in use between Hull and Scarborough. I saw it at Filey on the 14.37 to Hull. Full to standing too.

Best regards,

Rob.

Killingworth

Established Member
Here's a shot of 150107 at Grindleford. According to the guard it might look good but his driver was having a number of problems with various items of the operating equipment.

I hadn't fully realised when taking this picture quite how high the cambered track bed is now above the platform. The small Harrington hump is a token gesture, but it's still quite a big step even from that.

IMG_20190622_093350.jpg

Bovverboy

Established Member
Two of the LM-liveried 150s (150105&150109) have been paired on CLC stoppers today. I caught sight of them on the 1616 and 1916 journeys Oxford Road to Lime street.
I can't vouch for whether or not they did the full diagram (I've no evidence to suggest they didn't), but the one they were on is an Allerton start and finish.

Plethora

Two of the LM-liveried 150s (150105&150109) have been paired on CLC stoppers today. I caught sight of them on the 1616 and 1916 journeys Oxford Road to Lime street.
I can't vouch for whether or not they did the full diagram (I've no evidence to suggest they didn't), but the one they were on is an Allerton start and finish.

I caught them too at around midday. They seem to have individual names written just below the cabs which is quite endearing.

NORMAN471

Co
Could anyone tell me please if either or both are out working today. Thanks.

Bovverboy

Established Member
150105+109 departed Stalybridge at 12.31 en route to Wigan North Western.

Which initially made me think they couldn't have stabled at Allerton last night, but on checking back I find that the diagram which does the 1231 ex-Stalybridge starts out as 0443 ECS Allerton to Manchester Victoria.
There always seems to me to be a horrendous amount of empty running going on, I do hope it's all justified.

jamesst

Which initially made me think they couldn't have stabled at Allerton last night, but on checking back I find that the diagram which does the 1231 ex-Stalybridge starts out as 0443 ECS Allerton to Manchester Victoria.
There always seems to me to be a horrendous amount of empty running going on, I do hope it's all justified.

You'd be amazed at the amount of empty stock moves most toc's do.

Status
Not open for further replies.