• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM not offering advances between Birmingham - Liverpool w/c 2 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Following on from this:

https://twitter.com/RailUKForums/status/723602782368964608

I notice that London Midland are not offering advances on any of the Birmingham to Liverpool (&vv) services whatsoever the week starting 2 May. As advised on twitter I am starting a thread about this as it sounds most unusual.

This block on Advances seems to apply on the days there is only one travel per hour on the route. I sent London Midland a Tweet about this and they responded by saying that this is because there is a reduced service that day due to engineering works and they never offer Advance tickets on days there are engineering works.

This includes the off peak services and of an evening when it would only be an hourly service anyway in normal circumstances. This does seem unusual to me too given there are no rail replacement buses involved too.

This also makes booking advances to places further afield impossible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

centraluser

Advance fares are subject to availability. If a TOC has something unusual happening along a route that means that trains are expected to be much busier than usual, or replaced by road transport, Advance tickets will often not be released for sale. That will (and does) reduce demand, making the travel experience on the 'special' day a little more bearable for those that do travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.