• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER advance message

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Screenshot (243).pngScreenshot (243).png

Booked an advance for York to Glasgow on 13th of September. The message in the image says the timetable is not finalised. So what are my options if this service does not run?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kilopylae

And a question of mine for when someone who knows more comes along - does a warning on an itinerary that the timetable is not yet finalised protect the TOC from a delay repay claim against that itinerary?

route101

Established Member
Bought a ticket for service to Edinburgh. If it's not running I will just jump on another.

robbeech

Established Member
And a question of mine for when someone who knows more comes along - does a warning on an itinerary that the timetable is not yet finalised protect the TOC from a delay repay claim against that itinerary?
Legally no, but sone operators will push their luck. Not necessarily LNER.

father_jack

Are you sure? This relates to a journey from York to Glasgow, so will be potentially affected by the Polmont landslip. Maybe that's why the message appears.
Any good NRS person (like @Wallsendmag ;)) would put the reservations into closed or restricted straight away if that was the case so the system would revert to "flexible" tickets only.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Once again simply ignore the message it's in the process of being removed.

Are you sure? This relates to a journey from York to Glasgow, so will be potentially affected by the Polmont landslip. Maybe that's why the message appears.
Yes it quotes the LNER timetable and seats as not being available. Peter's in the process of having it removed.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Booked an advance for York to Glasgow on 13th of September. The message in the image says the timetable is not finalised. So what are my options if this service does not run?
If it does not run you may take the train before or after the booked departure time.

If this results in a delay you can claim compensation as appropriate

Haywain

Veteran Member
Any good NRS person (like @Wallsendmag ;)) would put the reservations into closed or restricted straight away if that was the case so the system would revert to "flexible" tickets only.
I have a little familiarity with how things work, and the non-reservable Scotrail services won’t be restricted if the LNER services are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.