• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER app ticket fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Is the LNER app set up to only issue e-tickets for their services? I can't figure out how to change the fulfilment method to ToD and wondered if I was being thick or if it's part of a wider drive to eliminate credit card sized tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
It normally only fulfils to eTicket unless you are travelling somewhere that you can't use an eTicket.
I assume this is deliberate and there's no way of avoiding it? I'm not completely averse to eTickets (and the LNER ones look like actual e-Tickets) but the journey is part of a longer trip for which every other ticket/reservation is on CCST so it'd be nice to keep them all in one nice pile.

(The main reason I'm using the LNER app is to use the £5 Perks credit so I suppose I'm trying to have my cake and eat it)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I assume this is deliberate and there's no way of avoiding it? I'm not completely averse to eTickets (and the LNER ones look like actual e-Tickets) but the journey is part of a longer trip for which every other ticket/reservation is on CCST so it'd be nice to keep them all in one nice pile.

(The main reason I'm using the LNER app is to use the £5 Perks credit so I suppose I'm trying to have my cake and eat it)

Can you not just use the LNER website on your phone?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
LNER only offers Perks credit on the app and not the website? That's poor. I should be able to use loyalty credit via all the TOC's sales channels.
I think that only applies to the promotional £5 that you get for signing up rather than the credit you build up.

Mainline421

It normally only fulfils to eTicket unless you are travelling somewhere that you can't use an eTicket.
This doesn't appear to be correctly set up for Moorgate last time I checked the website encouraged e-tickets even though these won't be accepted on the Underground.

Mainline421

Just offered me a collect a ToD so seems to have been fixed, although we are talking ablut the app here.
I know but it didn't seem worth its own thread (mods please feel free to split). Anyway I just checked and ToD is still hidden under "No printer or smartphone" and e-tickets are offered for an itinerary they won't be accepted on, with a vague warning that "barcode tickets cannot be used on London Underground." Seems unlikely that most passengers would gather from this they will have to pay extra for selecting e-tickets.

Attachments

• Moorgate test.png
    Moorgate test.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 31

Haywain

Veteran Member
I know but it didn't seem worth its own thread (mods please feel free to split). Anyway I just checked and ToD is still hidden under "No printer or smartphone" and e-tickets are offered for an itinerary they won't be accepted on, with a vague warning that "barcode tickets cannot be used on London Underground." Seems unlikely that most passengers would gather from this they will have to pay extra for selecting e-tickets.
Actually, that will be because Moorgate defaults to London Terminals for tickets. London Terminals is valid for eTickets.

Mainline421

Actually, that will be because Moorgate defaults to London Terminals for tickets. London Terminals is valid for eTickets.
I guessed that would be the reason :smile: but if Moorgate is entered on the journey planner they shouldn't be offered for a journey they won't be accepted on.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I guessed that would be the reason :smile: but if Moorgate is entered on the journey planner they shouldn't be offered for a journey they won't be accepted on.
There’s no way of controlling that as it is the fare location that determines the fulfilment options.

Status
Not open for further replies.