• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Apprentice Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinter711

Good afternoon everyone. This is my first post on RailForums. I’ve been accepted for an online video recording interview for an apprentice driver with LNER. It’s my first time in the recruitment process for a job in the railway and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for the remaining stages.

The LNER website states that after the online video interview, if I am successful, I will need to attend a face to face interview then a psychometric test. What will this face to face interview potentially involve?

Then the psychometric testing; I assume this will involve numerical, vocal, mechanical reasoning etc? A silly question too, my mental arithmetic is alright but I am not a whizz in that sense. Are calculators permitted? I assume the numerical reasoning will be more about the process, rather than the mental arithmetic.

I know there are a lot of, potentially ambiguous, questions in this post. I am looking for some advice on what I should expect, so I can be best prepared. I am also aware that over the last decade, the drivers recruitment process has changed. Thank you all in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Val3ntine

Hi,

Please refer to either this thread

Or this thread

Depending on which advert your application is referring to.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.