• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Leeds & Doncaster (09/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Donny1992

Confused about this as the advert is for Doncaster and Leeds depots yet the requirements expect you to live within an hour of Leeds only and no mention of Doncaster

Traindriver99

Hello. I have completed all the test requested, including the last one about verbal reasoning ect. After that for those who are successful they would get an email to prepare the virtual interview.
Did anyone get that email just after having completed the last test or did you have to wait few hours/days before getting it?

Thanks!

NorthernTech

Hello. I have completed all the test requested, including the last one about verbal reasoning ect. After that for those who are successful they would get an email to prepare the virtual interview.
Did anyone get that email just after having completed the last test or did you have to wait few hours/days before getting it?

Thanks!
You’d need to check on the advert about the 60 min rule to Leeds or Doncaster, Liverpool defo longer than that.

Loco94

Any one else struggling accessing the verbal reasoning ? I keep getting an error message when I click the link

ollie_hobbs

Applied for this, and completed all the tests. How do I know if I've passed them - would it say if I have failed? :?:

Latest automatic email says they will be in touch shortly, however I also have the option to record a video interview in my job application profile (but no mention if I should complete it). Has anyone else got this far?

Traindriver99

Applied for this, and completed all the tests. How do I know if I've passed them - would it say if I have failed? :?:

Latest automatic email says they will be in touch shortly, however I also have the option to record a video interview in my job application profile (but no mention if I should complete it). Has anyone else got this far?
Hello. Let me get it clear... So you did your last test about verbal and then you got that email about the video interview? How long did it take to receive it?

ollie_hobbs

Hello. Let me get it clear... So you did your last test about verbal and then you got that email about the video interview? How long did it take to receive it?
I completed the verbal reasoning test, after that I uploaded proof of Maths & English results.
After this I got a "we will be in touch shortly" email.
However if you go back to your application you have the option to submit a video interview - there was no email about this for me I just noticed it once I submitted everything.

All sorted now, on to the video interview
Quick question mate, is the video interview timed?
I've done previous online video interviews and I've had X amount of time before the camera records my answer.
Just trying to gauge how prepared I need to be or if I can take my time to answer and re-record if I have an interruption.

Loco94

I’m going to doing mine tomorrow, I’ve done timed ones before they aren’t the best, can anyone else who’s done it confirm whether it is timed or not ?

JamesDean99

Hi All. Just completed the first 3 online assessments, due to it been Friday I imagine I will be waiting till Monday/Tuesday to hear back from them.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Traindriver99

Hello Treacle. The fact that Lner asked me to provide maths and english certificates first and then video interview, is it perhaps a good sign that I would get through the next stage based on your experience? And again, based on your experience, candidates that reach the manager interview are those more likely to pass the few stages because perhaps are easier those stages? Thanks!

Oh that's very helpful, thanks. I am surprised they are recruiting again so soon but obviously I'm glad they are!
I think they are recruiting because some successful candidates decided to leave because of the very high speed of the train, where they need to take into account possible fatality(suicide unfortunately) and they do not have the right character ti face those, unfortunately, tough situations.

SarahDee

Hello Treacle. The fact that Lner asked me to provide maths and english certificates first and then video interview, is it perhaps a good sign that I would get through the next stage based on your experience? And again, based on your experience, candidates that reach the manager interview are those more likely to pass the few stages because perhaps are easier those stages? Thanks!

I think they are recruiting because some successful candidates decided to leave because of the very high speed of the train, where they need to take into account possible fatality(suicide unfortunately) and they do not have the right character ti face those, unfortunately, tough situations.
Really, I would have thought anyone putting themselves through this process would have given that consideration before applying. But if that means additional openings have arisen as a result then I am grateful as I missed the last opportunity.

Twotwo

Oh that's very helpful, thanks. I am surprised they are recruiting again so soon but obviously I'm glad they are!

I don't think they'll be recruiting again, think what they mean is that from the successful candidates there will be another course planned for them in October.

SarahDee

I don't think they'll be recruiting again, think what they mean is that from the successful candidates there will be another course planned for them in October.
Sorry I meant recruiting again after the last process in January, didn't realise these opportunities came up that often.

TreacleMiller

The Doncaster applications didn't exist directly this year, it was Leeds only in Yorkshire.

However i was asked if I would consider Doncaster and I know at least two people on this forum who will be at Doncaster but applied for the Leeds positions.

Maybe because Doncaster candidates demonstrate to be not so professional and they open again the position.

Just no.

Also the video interviews and answers at the initial stage will get rid of most applications. DMI's take about an hour and the team that do them is part time I believe so they wont put loads through that stage. Do not assume getting to speak to LNER directly will be quick or indicate you'll be successful. The psychometrics are the really tricky bit too.

Traindriver99

The Doncaster applications didn't exist directly this year, it was Leeds only in Yorkshire.

However i was asked if I would consider Doncaster and I know at least two people on this forum who will be at Doncaster but applied for the Leeds positions.

Just no.

Also the video interviews and answers at the initial stage will get rid of most applications. DMI's take about an hour and the team that do them is part time I believe so they wont put loads through that stage. Do not assume getting to speak to LNER directly will be quick or indicate you'll be successful. The psychometrics are the really tricky bit too.
I have already passed a previous psychimetrics test, so I would skip that step and going straight to the medical one, If I progress and pass next step which would manager interview (believe the second easiest step after the medical one). Finger cross to everyone.

Philm

I've got the video interview to do next, any ideas on the questions asked? Last 1 I did I foolishly wasn't prepared and that's where it ended for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.