• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Azuma (Class 800/801) Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunsBus

Established Member
Past practice has been for the diagram to start as an HST on changeover day then swap to an Azuma in London so I'd imagine that it will be a HST on Monday morning for the last time then go out of service at Kings Cross.

The 0752 on Monday is booked to be a HST.

The 0952 and 1452 on Monday are also showing up on the planner as HSTs, so assuming this is the case on Monday then the 1452 departure will be the final one of an LNER HST from Aberdeen (other than the farewell tour, of course).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
The 0952 and 1452 on Monday are also showing up on the planner as HSTs, so assuming this is the case on Monday then the 1452 departure will be the final one of an LNER HST from Aberdeen (other than the farewell tour, of course).

They aren't changing all the Aberdeen services this week. The others hang on for a week or so more.

Of the (weekday) Aberdeen services, only 1400 KGX - ABD (Monday onwards) and 0752 ABD - KGX (Tuesday onwards) go over this week - the rest are still HST

Established Member
Of the (weekday) Aberdeen services, only 1400 KGX - ABD (Monday onwards) and 0752 ABD - KGX (Tuesday onwards) go over this week - the rest are still HST

0622 NCL-EDB, 0830 EDB-KGX, 1400 KGX-ABD, 0752 ABD-KGX, 1603 KGX-LDS, 1845 LDS-KGX, 2200 KGX-NCL are the HST services switching over this week. I did hear rumours that they may need to keep couple of HSTs for bit longer

ryan125hst

Established Member
Noticed this upload that should answer your question, enjoy!

Looks like it went ahead as planned then, I found another thread saying they'd entered service shortly after I posted :)

Two more should enter service tomorrow if the plan is being followed.

Waverleystu

Im sure I seen an Azuma on the 10:00 Kings Cross to Aberdeen crossing the Tay Bridge today, does anyone know if this service has now switched to Class 800 or was it standing in for a failed HST? I was under the illusion that there was only one North and one South Aberdeen service

Failed Unit

Established Member
Im sure I seen an Azuma on the 10:00 Kings Cross to Aberdeen crossing the Tay Bridge today, does anyone know if this service has now switched to Class 800 or was it standing in for a failed HST? I was under the illusion that there was only one North and one South Aberdeen service
It changed over this week.

Stathern Jc

It's good to see that RTT shows 1W96, The Highland Chieftain, making the full journey again on Sunday 2nd August, and paths both ways from Monday 3rd.
Although the LNER website doesn't yet show a timetable beyond the temporary one up to 31st July, it does show there is a possibility.
A significant step towards a full service for those needing to travel on the Highland Main Line, and an option for longer journeys without having to change.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
It's good to see that RTT shows 1W96, The Highland Chieftain, making the full journey again on Sunday 2nd August, and paths both ways from Monday 3rd.
Although the LNER website doesn't yet show a timetable beyond the temporary one up to 31st July, it does show there is a possibility.
A significant step towards a full service for those needing to travel on the Highland Main Line, and an option for longer journeys without having to change.
That service is simply a part of the base timetable. It's not an STP service so it can't be guaranteed it will run.

HA25322

Also as a sidebar for those that were unaware if you go into the detailed option on realtime trains and chose a LNER service it now gives you the allocation of the 80x. https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/N44637/2020-07-25/detailed. However also please note that it is currently compulsory reservations on LNER (Although not sure how they manage it)
So hopefully that may aid a few of you. (ScR & Sleepers already have this btw)
Hope this helps.

Established Member

From Monday 3rd August a full Lner service will run to Inverness and Aberdeen, now that lodging in Inverness has been sorted, also all intermediate stops on Aberdeen service should also of been reintroduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.