• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Azuma (Class 800/801) Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

james2trains

Will there be any additional diagrams running by the end of August? I know services to York will be starting in August but does this mean that all of the Leeds diagrams will have switched over?

Andyh82

Established Member
Looking at the diagrams, I think there is only one purely Leeds one left that isn't in the six above. This being "BN415" which starts with the 0624 from Skipton, but it ends in King's Cross which therefore means it is unable to be converted on its own.

Will there be any additional diagrams running by the end of August? I know services to York will be starting in August but does this mean that all of the Leeds diagrams will have switched over?
i understand 1N83/1Y86 to/from York will be 800 after 1st August

Iskra

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if the 0700 West Riding Limited Leeds-London Kings Cross is an Azuma?

And similarly if any of the evening dinner services to Leeds are Azuma?

When do the Skipton/Harrogate/Bradford services switch over?

Looking to travel on 24/7 if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Can anyone confirm if the 0700 West Riding Limited Leeds-London Kings Cross is an Azuma?

And similarly if any of the evening dinner services to Leeds are Azuma?

When do the Skipton/Harrogate/Bradford services switch over?

Looking to travel on 24/7 if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

The 0700 West Riding from Leeds is the service from Bradford. I'm not aware of either Bradford service having gone yet. The service *to* Skipton is now Azuma.

Iskra

Established Member
The 0700 West Riding from Leeds is the service from Bradford. I'm not aware of either Bradford service having gone yet. The service *to* Skipton is now Azuma.
Thank you very much for your assistance. I think I will still travel on the 0700 for the novelty of skipping Doncaster on a Leeds service, then get the Skipton back to get my first Azuma.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Thank you very much for your assistance. I think I will still travel on the 0700 for the novelty of skipping Doncaster on a Leeds service, then get the Skipton back to get my first Azuma.

Good luck with getting a good fare on the 0700! I used to travel on that service regularly - it gets very busy (especially considering it doesn't stop after Wakefield). If on a ticket without a reservation, boarding at Shipley makes it much easier to find an unreserved seat.
I was lucky enough to be travelling at PRIV rate.

Good value advances for the 1803 to Skipton aren't so hard to find a reasonable time in advance.

Iskra

Established Member
Good luck with getting a good fare on the 0700! I used to travel on that service regularly - it gets very busy (especially considering it doesn't stop after Wakefield). If on a ticket without a reservation, boarding at Shipley makes it much easier to find an unreserved seat.
I was lucky enough to be travelling at PRIV rate.

Good value advances for the 1803 to Skipton aren't so hard to find a reasonable time in advance.

It’s a free ticket :) Yeah I know that the 0700 is very popular and usually full by Wakefield. I will definitely get a reservation.

I'm led to believe that there is one diagram being introduced in the next few weeks, the new services being 1E01, 1N83, 1Y86 & 1S27.

This is likely to be on 1st August, then nothing more for a further few weeks.

1N87/1Y90 was an 800 today (first one in service to York), but was the result of disruption rather than being pre-planned.

Current Skipton/Bradford services being worked by an 800 are:

Skipton: Mon - Fri evening only.

Bradford: Saturday evening only.

_toommm_

Established Member
From August, these trains should, assuming no other problems, run as Azumas:

Mon to Fri:
- 1E01 05:40 Edinburgh to Kings Cross (calls at Newcastle and Kings Cross only)
- 1S27 17:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Sat:
- 1E04 06:55 Edinburgh to Kings Cross
- 1S17 12:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Sun:
- 1E08 09:00 Edinburgh to Kings Cross
- 1S21 14:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Julia

The 6 HST sets being retained post December, have not been confirmed and a derogation is unlikely IMO.
These are supposed to be for LNER diversions into London Liverpool Street for a blockade at the beginning of next year.

Is that via Ely and Cambridge? Which prompts the next question - are Azumas able to run on electric south of Ely, either towards Liverpool Street or Stevenage? I remember past discussions about 91s not being able to...

Crisps

From August, these trains should, assuming no other problems, run as Azumas:

Mon to Fri:
- 1E01 05:40 Edinburgh to Kings Cross (calls at Newcastle and Kings Cross only)
- 1S27 17:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Sat:
- 1E04 06:55 Edinburgh to Kings Cross
- 1S17 12:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Sun:
- 1E08 09:00 Edinburgh to Kings Cross
- 1S21 14:30 Kings Cross to Edinburgh
Also 11.06 KGX-York stopper and 14.02 return Mon-Fri. Same diagram as 1E01/1S27.

For anyone who may have missed the link earlier in the thread, LNER’s website shows Azuma diagrams here: https://www.lner.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/azuma-trains/azuma-schedule/#Tab_13896

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Nothing went over in July or have things not been updated yet? I see that on 01 August one more diagram switches over though, and with it a new route.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Nothing went over in July or have things not been updated yet?

I believe there was a pause during July (presumably to allow things to bed in) but from August it should be one diagram a week I believe for the foreseeable future.

Crisps

What's the new route
London to Edinburgh. Diagram times posted a few posts back.
Also London to York - but this’ll be the first time the Azumas have officially done a York terminator. They have already visited York on diversion due to the major problems at Leeds a few weeks ago.

After the diagram on 1 August, I’d be surprised if anything else went over for a few weeks.

Failed Unit

Established Member
After the diagram on 1 August, I’d be surprised if anything else went over for a few weeks.

David Horne tweeted that it will be mid-September before any further diagrams go over. That would make sense as that was the plan to lunch the London - Lincoln service (which still isn't actually booking yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.