• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Azuma (Class 800/801)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzytop

I believe they're only installing the additional luggage racks on the 9-car fleet? So that would leave the 2 x 5-car formations as having more seats after all, even though those extra seats will be the worst ones tucked in the door pockets :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4REP

There were 31 91/mk4s and 14 HSTs, the order is pretty close with only being 1 short which is fine as less units will be out of service with the increased reliability of them. And on slightly off topic GWR's 9 car sets were originally meant to be electric only with the presumably bimode 5 car units splitting of where electrification was originally going to end.
There were 30 225 sets under lner, virgin, East Coast, and NXEC. Gner had 31 but 1 got destroyed at great heck.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
There were 30 225 sets under lner, virgin, East Coast, and NXEC. Gner had 31 but 1 got destroyed at great heck.
The Great Heck one wasn't destroyed, but after it was involved in two incidents it was remembered from 91023 to 91132 as part of the class having 100 added to their original number following refurb.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Apologies yes, I see now. 'Mk IV sets' rather than '225 sets' would have made it clearer!

As far as I'm aware '225' is a reference to InterCity 225 which was the branding given to the 91s and Mk4s when operating as a set? Just as an InterCity 125 referrs to the 43s and Mk3s. Certainly that appears to the common usage of the term 225!

Andy Pacer

Established Member
As far as I'm aware '225' is a reference to InterCity 225 which was the branding given to the 91s and Mk4s when operating as a set? Just as an InterCity 125 referrs to the 43s and Mk3s. Certainly that appears to the common usage of the term 225!
Indeed. I was just explaining my error.

Status
Not open for further replies.