LNER Class 91/Mk4 service status/withdrawals/2021 refurbishment

Deltic55007

Can sadly confirm that 91132 was totally scrapped at Sims Dunkirk, Nottingham. A complete locomotive to parts in an afternoon. Such a sad and sobering sight. Many components looked brand new!

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 337
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Are there some stored sets earmarked for Grand Union's Euston-Stirling service should it get the go ahead? I know it's unlikely to get approved, but ORR haven't thrown it out yet have they? There would be some embarased faces at Eversholt if ORR gave Grand Union the go-ahead but all off-lease IC225 sets had been scrapped.

HST43257

Are there some stored sets earmarked for Grand Union's Euston-Stirling service should it get the go ahead? I know it's unlikely to get approved, but ORR haven't thrown it out yet have they? There would be some embarased faces at Eversholt if ORR gave Grand Union the go-ahead but all off-lease IC225 sets had been scrapped.
May they get some of the 12 sets that LNER are about to bring back (Hopefully)?

Fuzzytop

I guess they are unlikely to require a full set of 9 coaches? There certainly seems to be a lower proportion of buffered end coaches going to scrap than other intermediate ones. Then again remnants of rakes seem to be disappearing at pace now, so who knows...

Speed43125

I guess they are unlikely to require a full set of 9 coaches? There certainly seems to be a lower proportion of buffered end coaches going to scrap than other intermediate ones. Then again remnants of rakes seem to be disappearing at pace now, so who knows...
I assumed that just the removed vehicles from GC and TfW rakes going for scrap?