• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER delay repay - how long do they take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi - anyone have a view on how long LNER tend to take to process claims? I posted one (by Royal Mail) on 5 June but not heard anything. IIRC one used to get a letter saying it was being dealt with fairly quickly, then the full response in due course.

Not heard anything yet at all, not even an ack'ment.

It was a simple delay enough to trigger. so easy to process the claim.

I'd say a 4 week wait is fair, if a little slow. Just wondered if others knew what was typical for LNER?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi - anyone have a view on how long LNER tend to take to process claims? I posted one (by Royal Mail) on 5 June but not heard anything. IIRC one used to get a letter saying it was being dealt with fairly quickly, then the full response in due course.

Not heard anything yet at all, not even an ack'ment.

It was a simple delay enough to trigger. so easy to process the claim.

I'd say a 4 week wait is fair, if a little slow. Just wondered if others knew what was typical for LNER?

Why did you post it?
It's usually a lot quicker and easier to do it online.

Usually it takes at least a month, I've had instances with GWR and EMT where it's taken 3-4 months

WesternLancer

Established Member
Why did you post it?

Usually it takes at least a month, I've had instances with GWR and EMT where it's taken 3-4 months
Thanks - basically I don't have the tech combo to upload the ticket images easily. I find it easier/quicker to use the post. Old Skool I know, and appreciate that this would add 2 - 4 days on correspondence time there and back. But I'm not bothered about instant reply, but just any reply...

WesternLancer

Established Member
And in all fairness to LNER my compo rail vouchers arrived in the post today less that 4 weeks after claim to the sum expected / owed. All good.

In passing I note that 'back in the day' you used to get a reply explaining why the train concerned was late etc. None of that now, just a 'sorry you were delayed' covering letter. As it happens I knew the reason as on train staff were clear about the cause.

ashworth

Established Member
Why did you post it?

I submitted a claim to EMT online last Friday morning, 28th June. I received my Delay Repay Voucher in the post just 3 days later on the morning of Monday 1st July. That’s with a weekend in the middle. I couldn’t believe it! I actually received considerably more than I was expecting, but as I rarely bother to claim, especially for small amounts, I didn’t question this. It was a nice bonus after enduring a wait of just over 90 minutes at Worksop on a rainy day at the end of a journey down from Scotland to Mansfield.

Last edited:

WesternLancer

Established Member
Vouchers? How very old skool!
fine for me - always passing the station ticket office. My only gripe is that they don't make a denominations smaller - mine have come in multiples of £20 so no use for a short journey!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My strong advice with LNER is to submit an online application ASAP; if you do this they process the claims very quickly indeed.

If you leave it a while, or post it, then you can get a much longer response time. Likewise, complex requests can also take much longer than simple straightforward delay repay claims.

ChrisC

Established Member
Vouchers? How very old skool!

EMT offered a choice of a cheque, paid directly into my bank account or a rail travel voucher. I chose voucher because I knew that I was going to be purchasing a return from Nottingham to Inverness in September. It was quite a surprise when it arrived as one single voucher for £75. This will pay a good proportion of my £122 fare (with Senior Railcard).

WesternLancer

Established Member
My strong advice with LNER is to submit an online application ASAP; if you do this they process the claims very quickly indeed.

If you leave it a while, or post it, then you can get a much longer response time. Likewise, complex requests can also take much longer than simple straightforward delay repay claims.
as above Yorkie - paid in about 3.5 weeks - from a postal based claim (simple delay tho) - all good

WesternLancer

Established Member
EMT offered a choice of a cheque, paid directly into my bank account or a rail travel voucher. I chose voucher because I knew that I was going to be purchasing a return from Nottingham to Inverness in September. It was quite a surprise when it arrived as one single voucher for £75. This will pay a good proportion of my £122 fare (with Senior Railcard).
Yes, often not a help if 1 voucher for a large sum - I seem to recall once sending one back asking for smaller denominations! LNER I think also offer payment but I'd indicated voucher was fine on this occasion.

westv

Established Member
In January I had a delay repay turned round in 2 days.

APT618S

I submitted 2 delay repay claims online to LNER a few days after yours and got the cheques through the post after about 12-14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.