• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER delay response: from Zero to Hero (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
A bit of a moan and some praise for LNER. Not sure where to put it so I'll try here.

Yesterday my 07:00 LNER service from Hull was cancelled. The alternative arrangements involved a coach to Doncaster and connecting with LNER there. Normally, when that happens the Hull replacement goes direct to/from Doncaster with alternative arrangements for the other calling points - Brough and Selby.
Unfortunaterly, the bus stopped at both points and the journey took twice as long as it might have done. If I'd known that I would have just got on the 07:25 Northern service which was timed to get in to Doncaster 50 or so minutes before the bus arrived.
Anyway, delay repay submitted yesterday afternoon. Email this morning confirming BACS transfer will be made. I'm pleased with the very quick response there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Is that particular train an Azuma or an HST? Anecdotally, I've seen quite a few HST cancellations recently. Not a problem we'll have for much longer, of course.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Cancelled because of short notice staff sickness between Hull and Doncaster. I assume they got a relief to take forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.