• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Edinburgh Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN1994

Hi,
Are there any LNER drivers based in Edinburgh on this? I’m currently a ScotRail driver and would be interested in a move to LNER one day.
I wanted to try find out how far north/south the Edinburgh based drivers go. Is it just Newcastle and back? Or perhaps work between Newcastle and Aberdeen/Inverness?

Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

Hi. There is a thread in the careers sections which shows this information.

Ceat0908

Just a side note, they will be learning down to York at some point in the future. But at the moment they have a few double trippers to Newcastle as well as a few single trips with a long break. to GLC Via carstairs, they sign to Stirling and to Aberdeen. They also sign down the WCML as far as Carlisle.
I think the Aberdeen jobs may be a seperate link as their may be lodging involved, so could be a case of waiting on a waiting list for it. but I’m not sure. Aberdeen’s are shared with Newcastle drivers.

Inverness is signed by Newcastle only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.