• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER flat fares and railcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveu101

LNER seat sale for journeys 6 Sep. - 15 Oct: I just purchased two flat fare tickets LDS-KGX and return for 21 Sep. price £10 each way which is good but no senior railcard discount applied. So have they forgotten it with rush to get the seat sale out, or should online booking make it clear that no railcard discounts on flat fares?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I booked a flat fare advance (with my 16-25 railcard) for Newcastle to Edinburgh which cost me £7 - that fare appears to be the same regardless of whether a railcard is involved or not, so it seems like those discounts don't apply.

Indeed on my return leg (I'm getting buses up to Aberdeen then the train back to Newcastle) the flat fare single was actually more expensive than the normal advance. Without railcards it would have been £2 cheaper, but the standard advance ended up being much cheaper after the discount was applied!

Haywain

Veteran Member
LNER seat sale for journeys 6 Sep. - 15 Oct: I just purchased two flat fare tickets LDS-KGX and return for 21 Sep. price £10 each way which is good but no senior railcard discount applied. So have they forgotten it with rush to get the seat sale out, or should online booking make it clear that no railcard discounts on flat fares?
There’s a clue in the way it’s called a Flat Fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.