• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER online sale of off-peak day rtn for peak journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve2525

I am travelling from Peterborough to London with my wife on Fri 17th, returning same day after 10:30pm. I have searched on the national rail site and selected the 07:40 LNER, will probably travel back on Thameslink. LNER have sold me tickets, with seat reservations, on the 07:40 for £50:60 - 2 adults with disabled rail card but the ticket is an off peak day rtn, restriction E8? Is this ticket valid for the 07:40 ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
No restrictions on Fridays into KGX/SVG until further notice.

LNER said:
We've relaxed the usual travel restrictions for Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak and Off-Peak Day tickets on Fridays for trains departing from and arriving at London Kings Cross and Stevenage. That means if you have a flexible ticket you can travel at any time on a Friday.
The easement will not apply when customers are travelling between London Kings Cross and Stevenage [only]
(link)

Class800

Established Member
Code E8

Outbound

Not valid on trains timed to arrive:

• Into London Terminals or Stevenage after 02:59 until 10:59

But

Restrictions will be lifted for trains departing from and arriving at London Kings Cross and Stevenage on a Friday until further notice.

So yes valid on a Friday

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Also worth noting that, even if this were an error - if you're sold a ticket on a particular train, you are contractually entitled to travel on it.

Haywain

Veteran Member
In any event, if you have been sold tickets with an itinerary they are undoubtedly valid for use on the trains specified on that itinerary.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Although it makes gateline staff very unhappy...

Why is it that some gateline/booking office staff have difficulty with the idea of doing their job as it's specified (meaning such tickets are valid) rather than making it up themselves? It must surely be easier to do what you're meant to do than make other stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.