LNER Self Print Tickets Not Available [Fixed: e-Tickets Now Available]

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by FQTV, 14 Sep 2019.

1. tarq

tarq Member

Grand Central offer eTickets but they are actually mTickets branded as eTickets. You can’t print them and you need an app. Confusing much?

2. Joe Paxton

Joe Paxton Established Member

Par for the course in the rail industry, I'd say.

3. westv

westv Established Member

And then I realise I normally fold the tickets twice.

4. jsmith300

jsmith300 Member

Maybe coincidence, but since this change you can no longer seem to buy tickets to London zones other than 1?

5. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Established Member

Total coincidence and I'll check that in the morning.

6. pennine

pennine Member

Apologies if this is a dumb question - but here goes!

With these new style e tickets, do you have to have the payment card you used or another other nominated ID for verification like the previous style print at home tickets?

Cheers!

7. Hadders

Hadders Established Member

No you don't. Essentially the ticket is a barcode and can be presented on any media you choose be it a piece of paper, smartphone screen, laptop etc. Similar to how tickets work for many concerts and sporting events these days.

8. AY1975

AY1975 Member

I have noticed that the LNER website says you can download e-tickets to your Apple or Google Wallet and show the ticket on your phone, or print it out, but it doesn't mention that you can simply have it emailed to you as a PDF and show it on your phone.

Do you know if this means it won't be valid if you show it as an email attachment? I know some conductors won't accept screenshots of tickets, but that's not the same as showing an original PDF.

Also, if you want to have your ticket emailed to you as well, you have to tick the box asking to have it emailed. I think most other train operators that offer e-tickets, such as East Midlands Railway, do this automatically.

9. Haywain

Haywain Established Member

That would be fine.
    Not everyone wants it emailed, and it can be downloaded from the website at a later date as well.

10. westv

westv Established Member

Why do I still need to provide a scanned copy of the e-ticket when I am claiming delay repay?

11. westv

westv Established Member

Well I think it's daft that they need a copy of an AP ticket that their system has sent.