• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER still not showing AP fares more than a week or so in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I notice that LNER are still only showing fares about a week in advance.

What are they playing at ? Other IC operators seem to be showing advance fares at a reasonable lenth of time in advance ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Thanks.

They do seem to be lagging behind other long distance TOC's, so perhaps we will see them catch up in the near future.

General Zod

I was at KGX LNER ticket office yesterday inquiring about Advances in August and was told at present you can only book about a week in Advance but come July / August this was due to change . However, the availability of these tickets would be very much limited in number. Likewise Avanti @ EUS who say limited Advances from early / mid July.

westv

Established Member
They don't seem to have been selling any tickets (not just AP) for more than a week in advance for a while now.

Butts

Veteran Member
Are First Class Advances available ?

Is there any word when the Catering will restart ( Complimentary Whisky in 1st)

Haywain

Veteran Member
Are First Class Advances available ?

Is there any word when the Catering will restart ( Complimentary Whisky in 1st)
No word on that yet, but alcohol is not currently allowed on board anyway.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
LNER have opened some further dates for bookings. I got some reasonable deals; as usual the best price was available from a third party supplier and not from LNER directly.

I wasn't able to use the seat selector though as I got the last cheap tickets on the trains I selected. I also had to choose less optimal times than I'd have liked, but was worth it to get a reasonable price.

Tickets currently available up to and including Friday 10 July.

Last edited:

Wallsendmag

Established Member
LNER have opened some further dates for bookings. I got some reasonable deals; as usual the best price was available from a third party supplier and not from LNER directly.

I wasn't able to use the seat selector though as I got the last cheap tickets on the trains I selected. I also had to choose less optimal times than I'd have liked, but was worth it to get a reasonable price.

Tickets currently available up to and including Friday 9 July.
Friday 10th or I've done something wrong

kez19

Established Member
Friday 10th or I've done something wrong

10th July....sorry to even ask but does anyone also know of when LNER are planning on putting on their trains from Dundee (Aberdeen) 09.08/11.07 back on? (I know a bit awkward to ask) as according to the timetable up to end of July no trains towards Inverness and currently I know from my area at moment they only have the 16.07/19.33 to London, for me I am hoping to go back to Newcastle in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.