• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xtradj

If you remember one of the answers stated “immediately contact the signal, and ask them to not open the doors..”

Clearly that is an error as the signaller isn’t able to do that. Is it simply a trick question or worded incorrectly. It didn’t sit right with me

Twotwo

If you remember one of the answers stated “immediately contact the signal, and ask them to not open the doors..”

Clearly that is an error as the signaller isn’t able to do that. Is it simply a trick question or worded incorrectly. It didn’t sit right with me

I chose the option to tell the guard not to open the doors then call the signaller. I passed the SJT and did the second assesment which I found a bit tricky.

DA1

I chose the option to tell the guard not to open the doors then call the signaller. I passed the SJT and did the second assesment which I found a bit tricky.

What question did you get up to on the 2nd assessment?

Bubba

What question did you get up to on the 2nd assessment?

Id managed to complete all questions on the 2nd assessment and havent had a rejection email but I put it down to luck than anything else. The 'true' answers were reasonable straight forward; it was the 'false' or 'unable to tell' which I struggled with and await the rejection email :)

DA1

Id managed to complete all questions on the 2nd assessment and havent had a rejection email but I put it down to luck than anything else. The 'true' answers were reasonable straight forward; it was the 'false' or 'unable to tell' which I struggled with and await the rejection email :)

This is a strange one because I didn’t have that as a second assessment. I had one where you have to check a table and double check if there were any errors and if there were I had to select which ones were different out of the options.

Bubba

This is a strange one because I didn’t have that as a second assessment. I had one where you have to check a table and double check if there were any errors and if there were I had to select which ones were different out of the options.

Oh, thats odd. Mine 2nd assessment was - VR1 - Verbal Reasoning (Apprenticeship, Graduate & Manager)

DA1

Oh, thats odd. Mine 2nd assessment was - VR1 - Verbal Reasoning (Apprenticeship, Graduate & Manager)

This thread just gets weirder. My 2nd assessment was simply just under the title ‘error checking’.

Bubba

This thread just gets weirder. My 2nd assessment was simply just under the title ‘error checking’.

They might just randomly have different assessments, unless which 2nd assessment you do is based on the results of the 1st.

Riceman

Just signed up to forum so I could reply to this thread. I also got error checking as the 2nd assessment. There were 50 questions in this section with a 10 minute time limit. I got about halfway before I timed out. Not sure whether you were expected to be able to complete it in the time given. If so, I was pretty terrible at it. I feel like I got 100% accuracy though. No email yet. So who knows.

DwayneB8z

I done the first assessment last night and still not received a rejection email. I've only done one assessment, did not do 2 so could that mean I've maybe failed as well?

Ludus

I done the first assessment last night and still not received a rejection email. I've only done one assessment, did not do 2 so could that mean I've maybe failed as well?
It's clear LNER don't have any kind of logical system... who knows, maybe you'll be offered a DMI tomorrow :lol::lol::lol:

Dave19801980

As with anything involving recruitment on here......there is usually no rhyme or reason as to how this process is managed.....we just have to keep our fingers crossed (and a little bit of luck) that our CV experience and the way in which we answered the assessments is enough to progress.

There is also the matter of maybe grouping applicants in to 4 sections:

1. Someone with no experience of the railway (but i’m sure a very relevant CV)

2. Someone who has passed the psychometric testing with another TOC and is therefore entitled to skip to the interview stage (assuming even those scores meet LNER’s standards - and who knows what they are!!)

3. Someone who already works in the industry but in a non-driving role.

4. Someone who is already working for a TOC in a driving role such as a shunter/depot driver who wants to progress further with another TOC.

Marshall91

Just finished the error checking test after the sjt, think I may have only finished around 20 questions although im sure I had 100 percent accuracy as some questions had 3-4 errors.

train-safe

Does anyone else’s application say interview but then when you click on it there’s no dates showing?

Quick question. I’ve done the application but I didn’t see anything to choose which depot you wanted? Have I missed it or was it not on this application?

TBDDesiro

Just signed up to forum so I could reply to this thread. I also got error checking as the 2nd assessment. There were 50 questions in this section with a 10 minute time limit. I got about halfway before I timed out. Not sure whether you were expected to be able to complete it in the time given. If so, I was pretty terrible at it. I feel like I got 100% accuracy though. No email yet. So who knows.

had the same as you, reminded me of TRP Part 2 (“Dials” Test) but with tables of information instead of dials

DwayneB8z

I just did the error checking, 50 questions and 10 minutes to do it in. I did not even get half way, so I think that's my chance out the window. :(

Caad12

Went through tests this morning - reached end of tests with no Result given. Don’t know if this means I’ve made it through or if Results known later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.