• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom ivv

After this stage, its stage 1 tests, followed by stage 2 tests which includes an MMI interview. Further to passing this you go to the last stage DMI. Then lastly a medical.
Hope that helps.

Goodluck for today.

After t
Hi everyone, like a few seem to have I have also booked onto a telephone interview on monday after completing the online tests, Does anyone know what happens next and the other stages after phone interview?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Michael1985

After this stage, its stage 1 tests, followed by stage 2 tests which includes an MMI interview. Further to passing this you go to the last stage DMI. Then lastly a medical.
Hope that helps.

Goodluck for today.

After t
What's the difference between an MMI and a DMI?

Dave19801980

Multi modal interview: ‘give me an example of when you did X to achieve X’.....’and how did that make you feel’

Driver manager interview: ‘tell us why you’re right for the job and give us examples of when you did X’

Duns2208

Why would you share the questions here? Do you really think advising people of the questions that you are asked in an interview is a good way to secure the role yourself? I would strongly encourage you to not share this information as it puts those who are earlier on in the week, including you, at a significant disadvantage.

I have to say I am pretty surprised by some of the things people have posted on this thread. Particularly regarding applying more than once using different email addresses. This is an incredibly sought after role and TOCs will remove you from the process for the smallest reason. TOCs have removed candidates for things posted online plenty of times, including things posted on this forum.

It would not be hard to identify some people given what they have posted on here and the information you will have submitted in your application. By all means do what you need to do to get the job. But for goodness sake, do not post about it on a public forum.

100% this is the right advice, this forum is useful but it’s still a competitive process and for a safety critical role, best to accept that as if you’re not suitable for the role and don’t have the right attributes I’d rather fail the process fairly than make a mistake later when it could really count. Good luck to all

Bubba

Anyone still not heard anything? I wonder if those who havent are in the second pool - i.e. if they dont find enough 'suitable' from the first set of candidates then they go onto the second pool.

Coopes1710

Due to the nature of the competency based questions which we are likely to expect, I can’t imagine that even knowing the questions will put you at specific advantage. They will be looking for how they are answered and what evidence you can provide to back it up.

Good luck again to all - I also agree that it doesn’t sit well knowing that there are people in the process (even with the best intentions) who are in some way trying to cheat the fair system.
I don’t think anyone has or could cheat the system.
100% this is the right advice, this forum is useful but it’s still a competitive process and for a safety critical role, best to accept that as if you’re not suitable for the role and don’t have the right attributes I’d rather fail the process fairly than make a mistake later when it could really count. Good luck to all
I don’t disagree with the fact people shouldn’t be putting on here what questions are asked while a recruitment is still in progress but you could argue the whole forum gives people a advantage, the GB test for example and how far people got or the fact it’s open for people to download and practice it which will not of been available For some.
Previous questions and experiences are on here to read.
The only thing which isn’t on here is the exact questions which you will be asked on the day.
Someone put on about cheating the system.
I haven't seen anyone cheating the system. If you wasn’t allowed to apply for six months and you applied again within that I would class that as cheating.
Reading and researching others experiences or applying again when it doesn’t say you can’t I would class as using your initiative and no different to applying again the next time a vacancy arises.

Good luck to everyone anyway

dan4291

Did anyone get 2 interview invites? I got one last night and booked it in, but then a few minutes after I booked it in I got another interview invite? I've emailed them as presumably it's a mistake.

HotelTango

The response time they are aiming for is apparently 4 weeks from interview date. Next stage is the psychometric testing which will be sat in person.

Good luck to all those awaiting their interview :)

Sammy2019

Does anyone know why they do a telephone stage at the start? Assuming this doesn’t count as the dmi

DA1

I’m pretty sure this is neither the MMI or DMI. To me it sounds just like another screening process to ensure those who get through meet the standards and essential requirements that they are after. Like above should know within 4 weeks with the next stage being psychometrics which I already have to enhanced standard but we shall see.

Last edited:

charles123

Anyone who has had the telephone interview already get told about the next process etc? And if you got asked which depot you would like to work at?

railwanabe

Anyone have contact details for he/recruitment. I am not sure why I didn’t get an invite from interview. From I’ve been reading I got higher scores than some on here

Gooner18

Anyone have contact details for he/recruitment. I am not sure why I didn’t get an invite from interview. From I’ve been reading I got higher scores than some on here

what makes to say that ? No one knows what they scored.

railwanabe

I didn’t do that bad put it that way. I had a fair amount of confidence that I’ll pass to next stage.

Bubba

You said you got a rejection email on Friday. Now you think you should have a phone interview because you did better than others, even though you a) dont know what score you got and b) dont know what score anyone else got?

railwanabe

That’s what I’ll like to find out. How bad did I do?

I had a similar occurrence with NR. I called them they gave me feedback. Just about passed SJ, just about failed verbal, and aced numerical. Just how I was feeling at the time.

I did the test again, higher level of concentration and passed benchmark. Awaiting interview

Railway123321

I’m pretty sure this is neither the MMI or DMI. To me it sounds just like another screening process to ensure those who get through meet the standards and essential requirements that they are after. Like above should know within 4 weeks with the next stage being psychometrics which I already have to enhanced standard but we shall see.
Do you know if LNER require enhanced? All mine are passed to enhanced except for 1 test which is national standard

PaulN

Hi all, had my TP interview this morning; my advice just don't stress and answer the questions as best you can. The caller has to note down what you say so you have time to think. Best of luck to everyone :)

Railway123321

Hi all, had my TP interview this morning; my advice just don't stress and answer the questions as best you can. The caller has to note down what you say so you have time to think. Best of luck to everyone :)
Hey Paul, may i ask did you have a reasonable amount of time to answer each question? As i know the interview is only 25 mins. Thanks

DA1

Do you know if LNER require enhanced? All mine are passed to enhanced except for 1 test which is national standard

Not too sure. I believe when it was with Virgin it was national standard so unsure whether this has carried over.

Peppajug78

The response time they are aiming for is apparently 4 weeks from interview date. Next stage is the psychometric testing which will be sat in person.

Good luck to all those awaiting their interview :)

There is another stage before psychometrics which is a day of group exercises and roll plays etc

railwanabe

Do you guys even know what location you have applied for? Or have you applied to be in a talent pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.