• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heedfan

Did they give a reason for you getting pulled off

The delay to the introduction of the wider Azuma fleet (caused in part by delays to infrastructure upgrades on the ECML was the reason I was given. But I wasn't quite as far as some, I was waiting for a medical.

heedfan

Thats still bad for you like.

Yeah, pretty disappointing to be honest. At the end of it all they said some pretty nice things over the phone and made plenty of promises, but these seem to have been forgotten this time around and considering I'm still waiting to hear back from this telephone interview, despite being in the first week, I'm not holding out much hope.

You need a good slice of luck in this game, as well as a strong application, to make it to the end.

Choochoo89

Nothing here... still waiting for kx! Emailed Monday and still not had a response :( fingers turning blue I’ve been crossing them so much lol

Broot

Still waiting here.. Newcastle.

Has anyone who has sent certificates equivalent to GCSE which were being checked by the apprenticeship team had confirmation?

95Stock

Still waiting here.. Newcastle.

Has anyone who has sent certificates equivalent to GCSE which were being checked by the apprenticeship team had confirmation?

I sent straightforward GCSE certificates on 5th May and still haven’t had any response.

95Stock

I reckon the fact that no one has heard anything, would indicate a total halt if all communication. Probably while they decide whether or not it’s viable to run another recruitment round with the huge change in circumstances.
I’m mentally prepared for a blanket easily saying the whole thing has been cancelled.

heedfan

I reckon the fact that no one has heard anything, would indicate a total halt if all communication. Probably while they decide whether or not it’s viable to run another recruitment round with the huge change in circumstances.
I’m mentally prepared for a blanket easily saying the whole thing has been cancelled.

I'd be surprised if it was cancelled in it's entirety. TOCs will still need drivers at the end of all this, and LNER have a shortage of drivers within the business considering the increase in services. They also have an ageing driver profile which will obviously only be getting older as this rumbles on.

Markylad

I very much doubt the silence is due to the possibility of the recruitment getting cancelled. My email stated they would be looking into how best to do the next stage for everyones safety...... that’s what will be holding everything up, i’m certainly not surprised.

Samsung12345

Hi everybody is the forum about the new trainee driver jobs That have been advertised this year March 2020. And how long was they advertised for etc if anybody can help.

Samsung12345

Was wondering with it being advertised March 2020 that people would have already had telephone interviews etc. With the covid present at the moment

95Stock

Hi everybody is the forum about the new trainee driver jobs That have been advertised this year March 2020. And how long was they advertised for etc if anybody can help.

Hey, yes this is for this years recruitment of new drivers.
Telephone interviews are complete I believe.
Some people are still waiting to hear back, others have heard.

heedfan

Thankyou mate I reckon I missed the advertisement by one day good luck to all the other people

Most TOCs have a feature on their recruitment site which allows you to sign up for email alerts for specific jobs. They're usually reliable in letting you know when a job is advertised. Good luck for the future.

MPE

LNER have their talent pool where CV’s can be uploaded don’t know if there planning another recruitment drive soon maybe or planning ahead for when the virus is over maybe

MPE

I understand that and your probably right but with all this going on I just think they recruit a few more again soonish and for all positions that’s maybe why they have their talent pool open.

Status
Not open for further replies.