• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nickfro

Still nothing from interview for Newcastle on the 3rd April. I also assume it’s bad news.

Pointy End

I had that thanks but no thanks email nearly a month ago now to which I promptly responded asking for feedback but nothing yet received.
I'm sure it takes some time at the best of times, let alone during this.

But out of interest, has anyone who got a rejection and subsequently requested feedback heard anything since?

Dave19801980

I had that thanks but no thanks email nearly a month ago now to which I promptly responded asking for feedback but nothing yet received.
I'm sure it takes some time at the best of times, let alone during this.

But out of interest, has anyone who got a rejection and subsequently requested feedback heard anything since?

In the crazy world of railway recruitment i’m surprised we even got a rejection email....let alone the reason why.....even if we weren’t in the middle of all this lockdown etc

Broot

I passed the phone interview and still havnt heard anything about next steps yet.. it's gone very quiet.

Sulj8374

I passed the phone interview and still havnt heard anything about next steps yet.. it's gone very quiet.
I'm in the same position buddy, found at I passed the interview on 5th May but heard nothing else since. I don't want to press the issue with them at the moment due to how uncertain everything is at the moment however it has been nearly six weeks since last contact. When did you get your reply? Which station you opting for?

Forbsie85

I'm going for Newcastle. I've sent in a copy of my GCSE's and currently awaiting next steps... same as some above I dont want to push them for an update due to current circumstances, it has gone quiet x good luck to all :)

Sulj8374

I'm going for Newcastle. I've sent in a copy of my GCSE's and currently awaiting next steps... same as some above I dont want to push them for an update due to current circumstances, it has gone quiet x good luck to all :)
Congrats, I just hope it continues to be good news. Once the world starts turning again at full speed I'm hoping they will still need us all.

Markylad

i’m in for Newcastle too.... sent copy of my GCSE’s, luckily i found it after so long. Good luck.

Carl94

Same here, I imagine with the thread being so quiet lately everyone is in same boat and not heard anything... who knows what they're planning on doing next lol

Gigmole

Hi any news on the new recruitment and body got a position at Doncaster or any other station
Hi, what new recruitment? This thread relates to jobs advertised prior to the Covid outbreak, and no one has been offered any positions. Those successful at the telephone interview stage are all waiting further updates from LNER about the next stage.

Mark1505

A Bit of behind the scene info in regards to acknowledgement of recruitment etc

Plans are been worked on based for how they can deliver the training, current trainee drivers have not been able to gain any handling experience due to no agreements in place between union and toc because of covid for in cab operations.

so i'm guessing it may be a while before you get any correspondence from LNER

Gigmole

A Bit of behind the scene info in regards to acknowledgement of recruitment etc

Plans are been worked on based for how they can deliver the training, current trainee drivers have not been able to gain any handling experience due to no agreements in place between union and toc because of covid for in cab operations.

so i'm guessing it may be a while before you get any correspondence from LNER
Thanks Mark. Really usefull.

Broot

I've heard some people have been given dates for the next round of interviews. (Online)

Can anyone confirm?

Broot

Have those that have interviews, already completed Psychometrics with other TOCs?

Validation

Likewise buddy and I've also gone for Leeds, good luck on the interview. Have you previously completed a Psych test?

Good luck to you as well! I have, but didn't hear anything in regards to whether they met their standards or not (passed with the other TOC). Have you completed them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.