• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slet25

Has anybody else heard about interview dates? Or those that had an interview last week was anything mentioned about the process with regards to timescales or any other information?

Broot

Has anybody else heard about interview dates? Or those that had an interview last week was anything mentioned about the process with regards to timescales or any other information?

I was lucky enough to get an interview. I was told that the interview was the last part of LNER recruitment process. (Apart from the the Psychometrics/medical).
And we will find out early next week.

I was also told start dates are yet to be agreed

Hope that helps.

Slet25

I was lucky enough to get an interview. I was told that the interview was the last part of LNER recruitment process. (Apart from the the Psychometrics/medical).
And we will find out early next week.

I was also told start dates are yet to be agreed

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. I am assuming that they will be awaiting the result of the people that have been selected for interviews before offering anymore out.

What depot have you applied for and have you already completed your psychometrics testing?

Broot

Thank you for your reply. I am assuming that they will be awaiting the result of the people that have been selected for interviews before offering anymore out.

What depot have you applied for and have you already completed your psychometrics testing?

Newcastle, yes I've already completed the Psychometrics.
I'm about 95% sure I'm not progressing though. I've had a few DMIs and passed them.
on reflection of my LNER interview I made a complete hash of a few of the questions so I'm certain its game over
Good luck to all those still in the race.

Slet25

Newcastle, yes I've already completed the Psychometrics.
I'm about 95% sure I'm not progressing though. I've had a few DMIs and passed them.
on reflection of my LNER interview I made a complete hash of a few of the questions so I'm certain its game over
Good luck to all those still in the race.

you never know mate you might have hit everything they were looking for. Think it’s will go on everything you’ve done in the previous stages as well. Fingers crossed for you and hopefully they let you know sooner rather than later

Sulj8374

The interview was pretty tough having never done an interview before on Microsoft teams do that was a new experience. I was told pretty much the same that we will be told next week if we are through or not !? Good luck to all those who have had interviews and are awaiting positive replies.

Validation

And now the nervy wait begins! Good luck to all those who had interviews last week, hope it's positive news all around :)

Last edited:

Loco94

What are people’s opinions regarding the candidates that received the passed telephone interview stage but haven’t yet had an invite like some seem to have to have teams interview? Anyone think they are doing it in stages and we’ll hear something eventually or that it’s never going to happen now?

patwreynolds

I'm guessing no one heard today... another anxious day Tomorrow then.
I was told by the interviewers last week that they are interviewing all this week so don’t expect to hear anything until week commencing 17th August - just to try and settle your nerves on not hearing anything just yet!

train-safe

I was told by the interviewers last week that they are interviewing all this week so don’t expect to hear anything until week commencing 17th August - just to try and settle your nerves on not hearing anything just yet!

I was told early this week as well, id imagine it will depend on what depot you are applying for

TBDDesiro

Well done to all who have gotten to the next rounds!

For anyone who we’re unsuccessful in the telephone interview back in April and you requested feedback have you received this yet?

Markylad

Well i’m totally perplexed by further recent interviews for this role....... i still have not heard anything since passing my interview in May!! I applied for Newcastle.

RichA203

Well i’m totally perplexed by further recent interviews for this role....... i still have not heard anything since passing my interview in May!! I applied for Newcastle.
Hi folks, just registered, but have been reading this the last few weeks. I applied to Newcastle, sent off GCSE certificates in May and heard nothing - just like a few others. I've had an email from LNER today simply stating that they're having to reorganise the next step as it's usually a group session, and that they haven't forgotten about us all!

Coopes1710

I too had an email today saying they haven't forgot about me and they are trying to work something out as the next step was group testing. Possibly Looking at doing smaller groups or remotely.

heedfan

I'm in the same boat as you. No contact since May. No email yesterday. Trying not to think about it as it seems impossible to know what's actually going on

Markylad

I'm in the same boat as you. No contact since May. No email yesterday. Trying not to think about it as it seems impossible to know what's actually going on

no email for me neither, i have emailed them twice asking what is happening but no response to either email. I do know that a friend Has had his DMI And is waiting to see if he has passed that. He is already qualified as Metro driver....... so it may be that they are putting those people first who have already passed Psychometrics, which makes sense but it would still be nice to find out whats happened with us who were successful at interview way back then.

heedfan

no email for me neither, i have emailed them twice asking what is happening but no response to either email. I do know that a friend Has had his DMI And is waiting to see if he has passed that. He is already qualified as Metro driver....... so it may be that they are putting those people first who have already passed Psychometrics, which makes sense but it would still be nice to find out whats happened with us who were successful at interview way back then.

I've already passed psychometrics and work as a depot driver. So no idea what their plan is

Validation

Just received an email from recruitment stating some interviews have had to be pushed back to later this week, so should be in touch early next week to find out.

Markylad

Email received today regarding next step after being successful at Interview in May..... they will be in touch shortly about how we will progress to next stage. So movement at last.

Slet25

Email received today regarding next step after being successful at Interview in May..... they will be in touch shortly about how we will progress to next stage. So movement at last.

Did they say what the next stage is as some have had the DMI others suggesting it’s group assessments?

heedfan

Was that from the generic recruitment email address? I am trying to get an update myself as I've heard nothing today.

Forbsie85

I've applied for Newcastle. Had an email today saying I'd not been forgotten about but so far nothing new to go on. Just saod re arranging next steps due to covid etc. No invite to a teams interview or anything yet. Those who have had their teams interviews... without giving the game away..
Any tips or what to expect? :) good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.