• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busyboy89

I’ve had to email back as I’ve still only completed the SJT and error checking despite also getting the email about the system and an invite to another assessment (which doesn’t appear in the portal).
I’m in same boat as you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AKP82

Received the error email too, did two error checking assessments and then the verbal reasoning which I found tough.
After the VR it didn't say if I had passed or failed, is that the same for everyone?
Thank you for your application for the position of Trainee Driver

We’re sorry to say that there has been a slight glitch in the system and your application has bypassed one of the online tests.

The system is back up and running and has been thoroughly tested, so you will shortly receive a prompt to complete the additional steps.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Good luck!

I received this email even though I have completed the SJT and error checking tests earlier today. It also appears on my LNER account as completed. So I’m very confused!

Bubba

Also got the email saying I've got a further test to do. Best will till the hangovers passed from last night's 'last supper'.

ST

Also got the email saying I've got a further test to do. Best will till the hangovers passed from last night's 'last supper'.
let's hope not...someone needs to drive the trains

TootTootToot

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hello!

I applied during the week. Thought I must have been doing well as passed the SJT then 24 hours later got an email to do error checking test. Did the error checking (got about 30/32 done) and heard nothing until I got the “our systems are playing up and you have missed an assessment email”. But still no 3rd assessment available to complete yet - which seems common on here going by others feedback.

All very confusing! I’ll fire off an email tomorrow if it doesn’t sort itself out by then I think!

Coopes1710

I had the email saying there had been problems yesterday and that I had another assessment to do.
Instantly after completing the 2nd I got sent the 3rd and I haven’t heard anything else.
My friend did the same but he got a rejection email instantly after the 3rd test.
I did 23 on the checking test and completed the verbal reasoning with a few seconds to spare

DA1

I’m in same boat as you

Just got another email this morning with the 3rd test and it’s now appeared so I’ll get that done.

Edit: Very tricky but managed to finish it. We’ll wait and see now.

Last edited:

Mtop

Hi everyone, I too am a long-term lurker, first time poster! Got thru the 2nd test, I think more on accuracy than speed lol. The verbal reasoning was tough! o_O
No rejection email so I think I'm ok but a horrible thought occurs...since a lot of people still seem to be getting random variations on their test, what if LNER's system is still scrambled? If we all have to go thru this again...:s

Sammy2019

Same here, got an email about a glitch and to complete the third test but nothing showing up on the online account. I’ve emailed them.

Sammy2019

Done it now. That verbal reasoning was a tough test, found it harder than the OPC assessments. Pretty sure I failed that one.

How are people getting the third test? I had an email to say I need to take another but I can’t find it on the portal

Michael1985

How are people getting the third test? I had an email to say I need to take another but I can’t find it on the portal

I'm in the same boat mate. I passed the SJT on Thursday evening and immediately got invited to do the 'error checking' test, so did that straight away. Also received the 'glitch' email last night, followed by an email inviting me to do another online test, but nothing showing in the portal when I log in. Emailed them this morning to see what is going on.

Unknockable

Got an invite to the 3rd test which is verbal reasoning. I hate these, even the example question is doing my head in. The third statement... ‘NASA suggest the training is challenging’ which I chose to be cannot tell but the answer is false when I clicked checked answers. After reading it a dozen times I can’t see why it is false.

Fancythis

Got an invite to the 3rd test which is verbal reasoning. I hate these, even the example question is doing my head in. The third statement... ‘NASA suggest the training is challenging’ which I chose to be cannot tell but the answer is false when I clicked checked answers. After reading it a dozen times I can’t see why it is false.
I got this wrong too, but on 2nd reading I thought it was because NASA didn't 'suggest' anything about the difficulty of training.

JonnyBoxer

I’ve just completed tests 2 and 3.
Have to say I’m not over confident with the third test. No e-mail notification either way afterwards.

DM4

I also received the Email apologising for the system rejecting my SJT result, I got two tests sent to me 'error checking' and 'error checking - copy' I'm assuming I only need to complete one of those as they look like the same test? After I completed the error checking test it invited me to another test but the only test showing is 'Error checking - copy'. Do I need to complete this test again before they send the verbal reasoning test? Thanks for your help

Coopes1710

because NASA did not say the training was difficult in the script.
That test was very tricky for me. I completed it but I am not confident I did well

18nufc98

another first time poster, just passed the first 2 assessments and got an email to do the verbal reasoning. Had a long day at work and judging by people saying it was quite tricky I think I will leave it til tomorrow when I'm a bit fresher. fingers crossed.

na281093

Looks like we all struggled on the verbal reasoning test. It will be a good way for them to weed out the top scorers as I can imagine there will be hundreds who get good scores in the other tests.

Busyboy89

What email address are people contacting lner on? I only sat 2 tests had an invitation to number 3 but can’t find it

thanks in advance

FManc

I was one of many that were successful 2/3 years ago and then got ditched (under VTEC).
Not the most professional if it's still the same team and the whole process was a shambles in terms of organisation.
It's still an amazing opportunity if you can jump through their hurdles. Good luck!

Coopes1710

I was one of many that were successful 2/3 years ago and then got ditched (under VTEC).
Not the most professional if it's still the same team and the whole process was a shambles in terms of organisation.
It's still an amazing opportunity if you can jump through their hurdles. Good luck!
What is VTEC mate

Ludus

Just completed the next 2 assessments. Error Checking was fine, I also managed 32 questions. But like others, I found the Verbal Reasoning difficult, honestly no idea how that went.
I haven't yet received an automated rejection email so I can only assume at this point the manual sifting begins, although when that will be is anyones guess.

Do you think these tests will mean that SJT, VR and Error Checking are no longer required on the assessment day? A way of speeding up assessment days, perhaps?

Also for everyone asking, I had to complete both "Error Checking" and "Error Checking - Copy" to be given the Verbal Reasoning test. I feel I did a lot better on the copy version so I hope they just take your best result in that case. :lol::lol:

T-Karmel

Do you think these tests will mean that SJT, VR and Error Checking are no longer required on the assessment day? A way of speeding up assessment days, perhaps?

I don't know what is the process in LNER but from the example of GWR assessment day is OPC.

heedfan

No. Anyone who moves onto the next stage (whatever that may be) still does the full psychometric suite. These online tests are just to whittle down the numbers. When VTEC recruited three years ago, there were a few large group assessment days with group tasks to do, then if you were successful in that you instance you then did the psychometric testing on a separate date after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.