• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopes1710

Did the interviewer say they were happy they were an equivalent?
She didn’t say and I didn’t ask.
My answer was “I have the equivalent through NVQs” and she said good and moved on to the next questions.
My NVQ L2 got me into the fire service which then got me my NVQ L3. I never took my GCSE’s due to leaving school early to go to a technology college.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iwasyoungonce

She didn’t say and I didn’t ask.
My answer was “I have the equivalent through NVQs” and she said good and moved on to the next questions.
My NVQ L2 got me into the fire service which then got me my NVQ L3. I never took my GCSE’s due to leaving school early to go to a technology college.
If LNER accept NVQ 3 Firefighting in the community then its happy days :lol:

Nh2014

When I did an nvq level 2 in engineering I had to do the maths english and ICT as part of the nvq, think they were called key skills but known as functional skills now. I'm not sure if this is the case with all nvq level 2. I also know it is the driving academy who are running the nvq level 3 apprenticeship and they are strict in regards to what can be accepted as an equivalent

18nufc98

Just had my interview. I've never done this before so I had about 10 pages of scenarios wrote out and used maybe 2. Felt like I waffled a bit but I prepared as much as I could and went into as much detail as i could so if its no then I wont be totally gutted. Lady on the phone was nice and helped with the situation.

PaulN

Just had my interview. I've never done this before so I had about 10 pages of scenarios wrote out and used maybe 2. Felt like I waffled a bit but I prepared as much as I could and went into as much detail as i could so if its no then I wont be totally gutted. Lady on the phone was nice and helped with the situation.
congrats rezzy and good luck mate :)

Choochoo_loco

Just had my interview today .
It all felt very rushed by the interviewer. Approx how many questions were people asked? Mine only lasted 15 minutes not the 25 suggested.
I feel I do best I could however will just treat it as good practice as didnt feel it went well enough to progress further on this occasion.

Carl98k

Just had my interview. Found it quite difficult to judge how it went. Mine lasted 27 minutes in total, we will see in the next few weeks.

18nufc98

mine lasted 20 minutes exactly, was asked to answer about 8 questions and 4 in detail. I would say I was happy with half my answers and the other half could have been better but hey ho. wondering whats peoples backgrounds are who are applying? I'm a joiner by trade with 15 years in the industry.

Bubba

I think its safe to say its almost impossible to judge how well it has gone. Its probably one of the hardest interviews you will ever do because a) its over the phone (which I dont think helps) and b) providing the answers on the spot isnt as easy as it sounds in ensuring you get across the right information they are looking for.

We are also reliant on the interviewer typing out the relevant parts of our answers which I dont doubt is no easy task.

Bubba

mine lasted 20 minutes exactly, was asked to answer about 8 questions and 4 in detail. I would say I was happy with half my answers and the other half could have been better but hey ho. wondering whats peoples backgrounds are who are applying? I'm a joiner by trade with 15 years in the industry.

In also from a construction background (the last 14 or so in management) so I am hoping the 'safety' aspect of this industry and my associated experience is in my favour.

Slet25

I don't think you can judge how it's gone by the length of the interview. Mine lasted about 20 minutes but if you was shorter you might have gave them all the information they needed for that answer. If was longer they might of had to get more information out of you or you could of been giving a longer answer. Fingers crossed we all find out in the next few weeks and hear something.

Carl98k

In also from a construction background (the last 14 or so in management) so I am hoping the 'safety' aspect of this industry and my associated experience is in my favour.
I was in the Royal Marines for 12 years, now deliver fuel to Shell

Busyboy89

My interviewer was helpful and made me feel calm, the whole Conversation lasted 16 minutes according to my phone. They also explained that they type the interview up and then it is marked by a driver manager in The coming days.

Good luck everyone who’s had an interview! X

donny12

My interviewer was helpful and made me feel calm, the whole Conversation lasted 16 minutes according to my phone. They also explained that they type the interview up and then it is marked by a driver manager in The coming days.

Good luck everyone who’s had an interview! X
Mine also lasted 16 minutes, not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing! I felt like the interviewer didn’t really push me on any questions, just seemed to accept what I said and moved on. Feels a bit like it might be luck of the draw with some of this...

Best of luck to everyone involved, not an easy or nice process but grateful to have this forum to share ideas and support!

Busyboy89

Mine also lasted 16 minutes, not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing! I felt like the interviewer didn’t really push me on any questions, just seemed to accept what I said and moved on. Feels a bit like it might be luck of the draw with some of this...

Best of luck to everyone involved, not an easy or nice process but grateful to have this forum to share ideas and support!
Doesn’t mean anything mate :) you may have hit all The required key words/sections with your answers. I may of needed a little prompting who knows.

:)

Fahim

Assuming everyone who had their interview this week were also suggested 4 weeks for a response as well?

Busyboy89

Assuming everyone who had their interview this week were also suggested 4 weeks for a response as well?
They said they couldn’t give a time scale when I asked, which is understandable with the current situation

Busyboy89

I was told to check my profile next Tuesday/Wednesday

Interesting Hopefully will be next week. He definitely told me that he couldn’t give me a time scale.

Can I ask mate, when you say check you profile, do you mean log into your LNER web page?

Carl98k

Interesting Hopefully will be next week. He definitely told me that he couldn’t give me a time scale.

Can I ask mate, when you say check you profile, do you mean log into your LNER web page?
Yes the lady said log in to my LNER account

Busyboy89

Haha excellent all different feedback :)

just a waiting game now guys good luck to us all!

Status
Not open for further replies.