• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MPE

Ok thanks guys just thought I’d ask new here so sorry if I’m not replying in the correct way, So it’s not necessarily a bad thing if I haven’t heard yet ?

Orange08

Morning guys, long time watcher 1st time poster....I’m still waiting to hear back, had my phone interview 3rd April. Guy on the phone said he would put me down for both Leeds and Donny as I live pretty much in between both (I stated Leeds as my preference as I can get a direct train there from where I live)

Ive got my A level certificates but only thing I have from my GCSE’s is a results slip with my grades on. Obviously it has my name and details on, do you think this would be acceptable or do they require individual certificates?

MPE

I havent.
Thanks!! New here and new to the process so don’t know how it works as well as some others do. So if I haven’t heard back would you say it’s not definitely a bad thing ?

MPE

No news is good news until you get the disappointing email :D

Yeah true!! I guess what I’m saying tho is if you haven’t heard back now is it unlikely? Or will there be a lot of others who still haven’t heard ?

Bubba

Its hard to gauge as those of us who use this forum will only be a small percentage of those still in the process.

Michael1985

Its hard to gauge as those of us who use this forum will only be a small percentage of those still in the process.
This is exactly the point I was going to make. This forum is only a small representation of the people who applied. If you haven’t heard yet, then that’s obviously better than hearing that you haven’t made it through to the next stage. On the flip side, you’d obviously rather hear already that you’ve passed, like some people already have.

As has been previously mentioned, they’ll be skimming from the top and likely progressing through the people who have scored the highest through all of the tests AND the interview combined. The psychometric tests are quite expensive so it makes sense for them to only let a certain amount of people through at a time; if everyone passes them then they have enough people for their recruitment drive. If people don’t pass then they’ll go back to others who have passed the interviews and tests etc.

In essence, if you’ve not heard back, it’s good news in my view.

MPE

This is exactly the point I was going to make. This forum is only a small representation of the people who applied. If you haven’t heard yet, then that’s obviously better than hearing that you haven’t made it through to the next stage. On the flip side, you’d obviously rather hear already that you’ve passed, like some people already have.

As has been previously mentioned, they’ll be skimming from the top and likely progressing through the people who have scored the highest through all of the tests AND the interview combined. The psychometric tests are quite expensive so it makes sense for them to only let a certain amount of people through at a time; if everyone passes them then they have enough people for their recruitment drive. If people don’t pass then they’ll go back to others who have passed the interviews and tests etc.

In essence, if you’ve not heard back, it’s good news in my view.
Thanks!!

MPE

Nothing for me mate

Thanks for replying mate, I don’t know much about the process so what people are saying seems quite possible that they will will be letting others through 1st is that what your thinking or is there still time do you think?

Busyboy89

I’ve had the ‘it’s good news’ email, my interview was 9th or 10th if I remember correctly and I applied for Doncaster - good luck everyone waiting!

MPE

That makes sense so if that is the case are the others that haven’t heard anything quite unlikely to succeed then ? As technically they would be releying on someone to fail then ?

Bubba

Its impossible to say especially as people are still receiving the 'its good news' email. As others have said, we just need to be patient. There may be no particular order in how people are being notified.

Fancythis

Its impossible to say especially as people are still receiving the 'its good news' email. As others have said, we just need to be patient. There may be no particular order in how people are being notified.
Are people still receiving emails? Or did everybody that has heard, hear on Tuesday?

siraning

It’s a no for me too.
Sad times, I’ve already passed my psych tests as well. Really annoying.

I was really looking forward to this

Michael1985

As luck would have it, just received an email. It’s a no for me as well. Got to buy a ticket to win the lottery. Best of luck to to everyone who got through.

CreamNCookies

Same as everyone else in the last half hour, a no.

Ahh well, lets hope we get our feedback so we can learn from what we did not perform well in.

Bubba

Has anyone ever received feedback from a rejection? I have requested it on previous applications but never received it.

Status
Not open for further replies.