• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugster70

Not yet, LNER are the premier TOC, they will obviously choose the best people available and they have plenty of time to do that given our current situation. My feeling is that it is worth the wait, and when the time comes, rain or shine, you should be proud to get this far. I wish all applicants the best of luck as I hope for myself!
If you think LNER are the premier TOC then ha ha

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dugster70

Not yet, LNER are the premier TOC, they will obviously choose the best people available and they have plenty of time to do that given our current situation. My feeling is that it is worth the wait, and when the time comes, rain or shine, you should be proud to get this far. I wish all applicants the best of luck as I hope for myself!
Sorry but LNER are not the premier TOC just saying ha ha

Broot

You normally find people are more inclined to post on a forum if they have passed, few make the effort to post when its bad news.

Loads of the comments here are "no" so leads me to believe the phone interview has been a very brutal cut.

Mombasadog

Sorry but LNER are not the premier TOC just saying ha ha
I suppose its subjective but when you look at the history, the fact thats its the highest speed and longest line, has had the most well known Trains like the Flying Scotsman, Mallard and great historical stations like Kings X, York and Edinburgh, you would be joining Railway history. Can’t help but admire the Azuma in the LNER livery !

puffpuffgive

I suppose its subjective but when you look at the history, the fact thats its the highest speed and longest line, has had the most well known Trains like the Flying Scotsman, Mallard and great historical stations like Kings X, York and Edinburgh, you would be joining Railway history. Can’t help but admire the Azuma in the LNER livery !

Good material for the DMI :)

badger1badger

Thanks for replying mate, I don’t know much about the process so what people are saying seems quite possible that they will will be letting others through 1st is that what your thinking or is there still time do you think?
Don’t really know mate

dugster70

Can you enlighten us? Who are the premiers and what's bad about LNER?
Nothing is bad about LNER but to call them the Premier TOC is an insult to the rest of the rail industry. Every TOC's employees have the same skill set, no matter what grade you are. The only difference driver wise is that LNER get paid more, a factor in this is your terms and conditions which are not as favourable as you would like

Jaytrains

Nothing is bad about LNER but to call them the Premier TOC is an insult to the rest of the rail industry. Every TOC's employees have the same skill set, no matter what grade you are. The only difference driver wise is that LNER get paid more, a factor in this is your terms and conditions which are not as favourable as you would like

How much do LNER drivers get?

Mombasadog

Perhaps I should have used the term sought after, an Airline Pilot is equally as skilled and qualified whether they work for Whizz Air or British Airways but the BA jobs were more sought after when I was applying, part of that was pay but part was opportunity on routes and history etc My intention was not to insult anybody, I think those seeking a Trainee Train Drivers position would be happy with any TOC, I understand there were 15,000 applicants for these LNER positions, thats bound to reduce your prospects due to them being sought after. Failing doesn’t mean you are no good when the competition is so fierce.

I still maintain that being on the mainline with a long and rich heritage has an attraction for some.

Validation

haha

Has everyone who’s sent off their certificates and info they asked for had a confirmation email? I haven’t heard back just doubting myself that I typed correct email in lol

Yes I sent them on Wednesday had confirmation they had received them the same evening.

M!T

Hi, one of the original questions was that you must live one hour commute from a depot...
When I was filling out the application it said one hour, but in the telephone interview I was asked if I was within 50 minutes.

Mombasadog

When I was filling out the application it said one hour, but in the telephone interview I was asked if I was within 50 minutes.
presumably the closer to the depot, the better, particularly in Winter. I’ve always moved for work anyway as I dont like commuting but in my case its only 20-30 mins away. There is a long way to go before I think about that particular problem !

MPE

Still waiting mate

Thanks for getting back to me mate.

I see that you are also waiting to hear back re Leeds.

It’s an anxious wait especially when others have already heard back with a yes,

however we still have not been told no what’s your thoughts at this point?.

Would be good to share with some one who’s in the same position.

badger1badger

Thanks for getting back to me mate.

I see that you are also waiting to hear back re Leeds.

It’s an anxious wait especially when others have already heard back with a yes,

however we still have not been told no what’s your thoughts at this point?.

Would be good to share with some one who’s in the same position.
Have messaged you

Broot

haha

Has everyone who’s sent off their certificates and info they asked for had a confirmation email? I haven’t heard back just doubting myself that I typed correct email in lol

Id reccomend copy/paste :D

I got a confirmation, they confirmed and said they are checking with apprenticeship team that my equivalents are ok but believe they are fine.
And they confirmed my Psychometrics are passed to their enhanced standard.

Id reccomend copy/paste :D

I got a confirmation, they confirmed and said they are checking with apprenticeship team that my equivalents are ok but believe they are fine.
And they confirmed my Psychometrics are passed to their enhanced standard.
Hi what do you mean by equivalents?

Status
Not open for further replies.