• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busyboy89

a
Id reccomend copy/paste :D

I got a confirmation, they confirmed and said they are checking with apprenticeship team that my equivalents are ok but believe they are fine.
And they confirmed my Psychometrics are passed to their enhanced standard.

Just checked.....seems to be the correct email, I’ll re send it to them I think just to be safe. Made myself paranoid now haha.

have you passed all your tests and MMI already? I’m waiting on a date for computer tests and MMI for another TOC.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Broot

a

Just checked.....seems to be the correct email, I’ll re send it to them I think just to be safe. Made myself paranoid now haha.

have you passed all your tests and MMI already? I’m waiting on a date for computer tests and MMI for another TOC.

You doing things separately? I did everything in one day at DB in Doncaster couple years ago.

Coopes1710

I got a reply saying they are going to check my certificates with the apprentice team. I didn’t get given a time scale

ST

I got a confirmation, they confirmed and said they are checking with apprenticeship team that my equivalents are ok but believe they are fine.
Did you hit reply to their email or send a separate email to Recruitment1 email address? I did not receive any automated response to my email with details re: certificates. Did you or anyone get an automated response immediately and then a response from the team? Thanks in advance!

Jaytrains

Q

Which toc did u pass them with?

Busyboy89

Did you hit reply to their email or send a separate email to Recruitment1 email address? I did not receive any automated response to my email with details re: certificates. Did you or anyone get an automated response immediately and then a response from the team? Thanks in advance!

I’m in same position as you mate, sent mine couple of days ago and haven’t heard anything back. I’m be just copy and pasted it and re sent it for my own piece of mind.

ST

Ok mate. I sent a blank test email to the recruitment1 email address last night too, no automated response, which is why I asked whether any of have heard back just replied to the original email?? Or whether they are catching up! I didn't send my response to the request for Certificates till 10pm the day the email came in, which was Wednesday.

Busyboy89

You doing things separately? I did everything in one day at DB in Doncaster couple years ago.
With EMR They did 4 stages all on different days

Stage 1 - all the paper tests
Stage 2 - assessment day
Stage 3 - DMI
Stage 4 - computer tests and MMI

Broot

With EMR They did 4 stages all on different days

Stage 1 - all the paper tests
Stage 2 - assessment day
Stage 3 - DMI
Stage 4 - computer tests and MMI

The DMI isnt part of the psychometric assessment.

When did you do the group bordon, "glop train", watching the grey squares, listening to the beeps while going through the phone book... etc etc. All that stuff?

I thought the assessment day I went to was an industry standard that every had to pass to drive trains.

heedfan

The DMI isnt part of the psychometric assessment.

When did you do the group bordon, "glop train", watching the grey squares, listening to the beeps while going through the phone book... etc etc. All that stuff?

I thought the assessment day I went to was an industry standard that every had to pass to drive trains.

It is industry standard, it just doesn't have to be done on the same day. Group bourdon = one of the paper tests. Grey square = one of the computer tests. Different TOCs run it in different ways but everyone does at least the basic industry standard. Some TOCs require additional tests as well.

Busyboy89

Yep heedfan that’s correct, I don’t know all the names of each test. Stage 1 and 4 are OPC (which I understand some people did on 1 day for other companies) and the other two were in house with EMR but to be fair were actually enjoyable to do.

Sammy2019

Has everyone heard back now for the London depot? Presuming anyone that hasn’t heard back has been unsuccessful.

Chewbacca3

Hi. First time poster. Just wondering if anyone if still waiting to here for Newcastle? I haven't received anything yet. Slowly losing hope . Interviewer said I did well but took that with a pinch of salt.

Prerail

Hi. First time poster. Just wondering if anyone if still waiting to here for Newcastle? I haven't received anything yet. Slowly losing hope . Interviewer said I did well but took that with a pinch of salt.
Yeah, I’m still waiting to hear back for Newcastle

Mombasadog

Don’t be disheartened by some of the theories on this forum. I have spent many years as a hiring manager into these massively oversubscribed positions. This filtering stage is to determine a candidates likelihood of passing a full assessment and interview as best you can, this can be a hit and miss affair and no doubt many who would have gone on to succeed have already been filtered out and many who have succeeded at this stage will be disappointed at the final stage, no filtering process is foolproof.

If you have got this far you have shown that you likely have the aptitude to succeed at the psychometric tests that are at least industry standard, and the telephone interviews are to determine whether you are likely to perform well in a face to face interview(s). Combined with this a review of your CV showing past experiences and achievements all contribute to an overall picture of you and your potential. If you meet that high standard you will progress, it is unlikely you will achieve that standard and be cut at this stage.

It is a systematic process designed to be fair to all candidates, there is great deal for recruiters to get through and it takes time so be patient. whilst the filtering process is arduous, the final stage is where you will be ranked and cut down to the number of roles available, its obviously disappointing not to get to that but if you do and you succeed in the objective tests, then this is where you will have to shine brighter than the other candidates. Its a long road.

Broot

Don’t be disheartened by some of the theories on this forum. I have spent many years as a hiring manager into these massively oversubscribed positions. This filtering stage is to determine a candidates likelihood of passing a full assessment and interview as best you can, this can be a hit and miss affair and no doubt many who would have gone on to succeed have already been filtered out and many who have succeeded at this stage will be disappointed at the final stage, no filtering process is foolproof.

If you have got this far you have shown that you likely have the aptitude to succeed at the psychometric tests that are at least industry standard, and the telephone interviews are to determine whether you are likely to perform well in a face to face interview(s). Combined with this a review of your CV showing past experiences and achievements all contribute to an overall picture of you and your potential. If you meet that high standard you will progress, it is unlikely you will achieve that standard and be cut at this stage.

It is a systematic process designed to be fair to all candidates, there is great deal for recruiters to get through and it takes time so be patient. whilst the filtering process is arduous, the final stage is where you will be ranked and cut down to the number of roles available, its obviously disappointing not to get to that but if you do and you succeed in the objective tests, then this is where you will have to shine brighter than the other candidates. Its a long road.

And in your experience how do you think they are treating those who already have already passed the Psychometrics?
I'd guess they probably have enough people at this stage with Psychometrics passed to more than fill all the positions... I imagine that's a bit of a conundrum and conflict of interests for the recruitment team.

Mombasadog

And in your experience how do you think they are treating those who already have already passed the Psychometrics?
I'd guess they probably have enough people at this stage with Psychometrics passed to more than fill all the positions... I imagine that's a bit of a conundrum and conflict of interests for the recruitment team.
People who have already passed to an enhanced level within 2 years will only likely need to do any extra tests in their requirements not already taken, if any. The psychometrics are an objective standard and a pass/fail part of the process and highlights potential aptitude, they will then look at personality, team fit, experience and the more soft skills. The ability to learn and retain knowledge, confidence in communication both verbal and written and perhaps most importantly in this role, attitude to situations that may be encountered, reaction under pressure, decision making and professionalism.

Broot

People who have already passed to an enhanced level within 2 years will only likely need to do any extra tests in their requirements not already taken, if any. The psychometrics are an objective standard and a pass/fail part of the process and highlights potential aptitude, they will then look at personality, team fit, experience and the more soft skills. The ability to learn and retain knowledge, confidence in communication both verbal and written and perhaps most importantly in this role, attitude to situations that may be encountered, reaction under pressure, decision making and professionalism.

Why do you say within 2 years?

Busyboy89

My pass was over 2 years ago and they have already emailed to say that its acceptable.

Mine wasnt with OPC tho.
Correct me if I’m wrong guys, I’m sure LNER advert for this job said tests passed in the last 5 years are accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.