• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comfy

Anyone know if it's just people who already passed their tests who got put through?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

95Stock

Morning all

long time listener, first time caller.

Got through the phone interview stage for London, and emailed them with GCSE’s & details of previous psych tests over a week ago now.
Not heard anything since.
Anyone else in this boat?

95Stock

Anyone know if it's just people who already passed their tests who got put through?
They don’t know who previously passed their tests until they make checks, and they don’t make checks until people have got through the phone interview.
So both applicants will have a fair stab at it.

Carl94

I'm the same emailed them my GCSE certificates last week like an hour after getting the good news email... still no acknowledgment... even emailed them again to make sure it got through

95Stock

I'm the same emailed them my GCSE certificates last week like an hour after getting the good news email... still no acknowledgment... even emailed them again to make sure it got through
I messaged them on FB messenger today asking (very politely) for a phone number, they just said:
“Hello, the team are busy working their way through all of the emails and queries so will be in touch soon. We are receiving a huge volume of emails at the moment so apologies for the delay Thanks”

so I guess we wait...

Bucephalus

They're probably busy telling people "no" in their thousands lol.

I messaged them on FB messenger today asking (very politely) for a phone number, they just said:
“Hello, the team are busy working their way through all of the emails and queries so will be in touch soon. We are receiving a huge volume of emails at the moment so apologies for the delay Thanks”

so I guess we wait...

My guess was not far off. Your post came as I was typing mine

Carl94

The way I see it is we've been told we're through to the next stage obviously dependant on providing proof of maths and english which weve done.. and details to check phychometrics for the ones who have done them, some seem to have had an acknowledgement some haven't, but either way weve done what theyve asked, clearly upto the other day people were still receiving rejections so they must be busy... all we can do is await a response atleast we know it's not just solely one of us who hasnt receive anything it's a few of us.

95Stock

Yeah that was my main concern, that only I had not received a reply.
It’s reassuring to know there’s others in the same boat.
I can’t help but wonder what the post COVID training will look like, you really can’t social distance when learning the road or doing stock with an instructor.

Comfy

They don’t know who previously passed their tests until they make checks, and they don’t make checks until people have got through the phone interview.
So both applicants will have a fair stab at it.
I would imagine most if not all would include that they have passed psychometrics in the CV or application form somewhere or would have included it in the telephone interview.
I don't mind if they did or didn't only put those people forward but was just interested to know as I know of vacancies with another toc which only progressed people who had passed psychometrics beforehand.

dan4291

I would imagine most if not all would include that they have passed psychometrics in the CV or application form somewhere or would have included it in the telephone interview.
I don't mind if they did or didn't only put those people forward but was just interested to know as I know of vacancies with another toc which only progressed people who had passed psychometrics beforehand.

That's interesting. I have passed the OPC psychometric tests with another TOC recently but didn't mention it in my CV or application form, assuming that LNER would find out anyway from the OPC at some point, or already knew. I'll remember to include that in future applications.

charles123

Just wondering, anyone that's had a rejection email, has the status of your application changed on the lner careers site or does it still say submitted?

Markylad

Heard about 2 weeks ago that i had successfully passed the interview stage and requested copies of my GCSE’s for English & Maths its been 31 years since i sat my exams, had no idea where my certificate was. Luckily for me, i eventually found it at my folks, and sent them a copy of it...... so now just waiting to see what happens next. Good luck everyone!!

Markylad

This is a strange one because I didn’t have that as a second assessment. I had one where you have to check a table and double check if there were any errors and if there were I had to select which ones were different out of the options.
Me too, my third test was the true/false unable to say one, which i thought was quite difficult.

Markylad

Those who have heard back to say they are moving to the next stage, have they gave any timescale of when you need to send your certificates in by or when/what the next stage will be?
No time scale given, just says due to COVID-19 they are looking at how they can move to the next stage safely for everyone and they will be in touch.

Markylad

Any one know what the next stages are?

Back in 2017 i went to an interview day when they were Virgin and it was a several group discussions and scenarios and to be honest it was horrible - i hope with Virgin not being in control they have changed the process.

For info i had a my phone interview middle of april for Newcastle and have just received the "well done" email and sent my certs off.

I also have already passed Psychometrics
Well done mate, i’m also in for Newcastle.

Markylad

Morning all

long time listener, first time caller.

Got through the phone interview stage for London, and emailed them with GCSE’s & details of previous psych tests over a week ago now.
Not heard anything since.
Anyone else in this boat?
Same here for Newcastle though

Busyboy89

Heard about 2 weeks ago that i had successfully passed the interview stage and requested copies of my GCSE’s for English & Maths its been 31 years since i sat my exams, had no idea where my certificate was. Luckily for me, i eventually found it at my folks, and sent them a copy of it...... so now just waiting to see what happens next. Good luck everyone!!

mind if I ask you mate, did you get a confirmation email after you sent your gcse info in?

Sulj8374

mind if I ask you mate, did you get a confirmation email after you sent your gcse info in?
I got a reply about my GCSE results but only to tell me that the attachment wouldn't open and for me to send it again, resent and then no further reply. Which location have you opted for? I've gone for Leeds, anybody else through to next stage for Leeds on here?

Busyboy89

I got a reply about my GCSE results but only to tell me that the attachment wouldn't open and for me to send it again, resent and then no further reply. Which location have you opted for? I've gone for Leeds, anybody else through to next stage for Leeds on here?
Doncaster mate can’t really blame them with the amount of applicants and covid19 just made me worry when I did get a response lol

Sulj8374

Doncaster mate can’t really blame them with the amount of applicants and covid19 just made me worry when I did get a response lol
Yeah they must be busy, my only concern is how this Covid will effect these vacancies, having got all the way through with the Virgin application 3 years ago and having the job pulled it would be a sickener if the jobs were pulled again. Any idea/inkling of what the next step may be?

Busyboy89

With this going on mate I wouldn’t like to guess, some TOCs do it in a different order as well. From where we are with LNER We still got to do the assessment day, DMI and OPC testS (some do it all in one day others split it into two) But they may do things differently with covid19.
Did you pass all the tests that time as well with virgin?

Sulj8374

With this going on mate I wouldn’t like to guess, some TOCs do it in a different order as well. From where we are with LNER We still got to do the assessment day, DMI and OPC testS (some do it all in one day others split it into two) But they may do things differently with covid19.
Did you pass all the tests that time as well with virgin?
Yeah I passed the psychometric tests, assessments and medical, was just waiting for my next spot on a training course and then got pulled. Even attended a keep in touch day whilst waiting for my posting

Status
Not open for further replies.