• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR ATOS PIS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Just an observation this evening - the PIS at Bletchley appears to have been modified to alternate the punctuality ("On Time" etc) with the number of "carriages" (how quaint). A most useful feature.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonmidland

Established Member
Does it look something like this? I think it was first introduced on the X-City line.

Picture took at Sutton Coldfield. 2F6C7072-84F8-45AE-A518-14C8A30D6D5A.jpeg

Parallel

Established Member
I think something similar is in use at Merseyrail stations if I remember correctly.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Yes, same as the CrossCity picture above.

Merseyrail is a bit different, they use a completely non-standard layout without scrolling calling points at some locations.

Skie

Merseyrail have 2 layouts. Major stations have in the last few years been given the utterly useless: Order, time due, destination and "on time" or time expected. Second line scrolls the stopping pattern and once the pattern is completely shown, it flashes up with the train length. If the screen updates at all, the stopping pattern starts from scratch. Sometimes you have to wait a while before you see if your train is a 3 or 6 car, and with Merseyrail loadings and stop boards knowing that is fairly important. Only the next train even gets this info, so if your train is right behind you'll never see the length in time. The example above would be a good middle ground.

Suburban stations have the more sensible: Order, destination, number of minutes until it arrives and train length. Simple to read and understand, plus it's been in use for years and we hate change up here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.