• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR Delay Repay on a Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversteer

I was caught up in the unfortunate incident at Leighton Buzzard on the 14th December and ended up with a delay in excess of 30 minutes (my train skipped LBZ and I had to get a rail replacement coach back)

LNR have processed my Delay Repay and repaid £4.59. As it was a £36.70 Travelcard and a delay of 30-59 minutes, I was expecting 25% of the total ticket cost (£9.18)

I have appealed and they've closed it same day saying that £4.59 is correct.

There's no further option to appeal online. Have I calculated correctly? Who has oversight of the DR process and how should I investigate further?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
The next step would be to either write in a written complaint and ask for it to be looked at by a Manager or to appeal to Transport Focus.

It looks like they have divided the cost of your ticket in 2 (as it is a return) and based the 25% on the value of the leg concerned. Rather then 25% of a the value of the overall return ticket.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Alternatively, they have misunderstood how long you were delayed for (assuming 15 to 29 minutes rather than the 30+ minutes that you have told us) and have then applied the 12.5% which their website shows for 15 -29 minutes.

Whichever analysis is correct, the website doesn't seem to be particularly helpful in suggesting where to go if an automated appeal is rejected. On the delay repay page (https://www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk/about-us/delay-repay) I see that under the 'Make a claim - journeys from 10 December' tab, a postal address is given for making appeals of

Freepost LONDON NORTHWESTERN RAILWAY DELAY REPAY

so my suggestion would be to make your further appeal in writing to that address. Presumably you will ask them to informally reconsider their decision. If they won't do that, you'll have to go down the formal route. But
a) I'm not sure what the formal route is (no doubt someone will be along shortly who can advise), and
b) you will need to ask yourself whether it's really worth it for a further £4.59.

oversteer

In the end they had checked the train I travelled on and paid based on its arrival time at Leighton Buzzard, which was 17 minutes late or so

They just hadn’t realised that it had actually done so at 100mph and continued to Bletchley!

So claim adjusted. Genuinely glad that the v.helpful telephone staff at LM have seemingly transferred to LNR, all sorted over the phone.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Good to hear, thanks for updating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.