• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've noticed the past month or two that LNR's policy of staffing the gates (and therefore having them closed) for the full period of service at most stations appears to have fallen by the wayside, with Bletchley being open more often than not, and Euston being often open after about 7pm. However, the extra staff recruited/contracted to supervise the gates remain in place standing by the gates looking bored.

What's gone on here? Were there too many assaults or something?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BucksBones

If it had happened all of a sudden I'd agree that that could be a possibility (ie staff avoiding passengers angry at the dire service) but it's been gradually slipping for quite a long time, to the point where its now just like LM again.

I wonder if its just a symptom of the corporate-led malaise that seems to pervade this shocking company.

David57

Northampton gates were working (and manned, obviously) last night at 23.30, really supprised..............

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I wonder if its just a symptom of the corporate-led malaise that seems to pervade this shocking company.

Quite possibly. I wouldn't use LM in the same sentence as them - they had their faults but really were far, far better. The one and only place LNR win out is weekend train lengths - they do seem willing to cough up to get the 350/2s out a bit more.

I just can't imagine, for instance, Abellio having come up with Project 110 or the pioneering use of Twitter.

David57

Usuall Euston nonsense again last night, RTT gave the 22.06 'at platform', so wife and i went down toplatform 12 (unchecked by barriers), at 22.00, PIS monitors changed at 22.01 to train in service, and was mobbed, felt smug to have beaten the system, but it's not right, the train had been prepped for service.........

TEW

Established Member
I was shocked when I caught the 0336 from Bletchley last week that the gateline was in use. Unfortunately the member of staff manning the gateline never seemed to have come across the concept of a Priv ticket before and that I could not buy one from the machine and took quite some convincing to let me through.

BucksBones

Quite possibly. I wouldn't use LM in the same sentence as them - they had their faults but really were far, far better. The one and only place LNR win out is weekend train lengths - they do seem willing to cough up to get the 350/2s out a bit more.

I just can't imagine, for instance, Abellio having come up with Project 110 or the pioneering use of Twitter.

Agreed - I was only comparing gateline staffing with LM. They are sorely missed.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Agreed - I was only comparing gateline staffing with LM. They are sorely missed.

They are indeed.

Gateline at Bletchley was closed this evening! I wonder if word filtered down to them from here, as if it becomes widely known that it isn't being staffed there might be more fare dodging?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I was shocked when I caught the 0336 from Bletchley last week that the gateline was in use. Unfortunately the member of staff manning the gateline never seemed to have come across the concept of a Priv ticket before and that I could not buy one from the machine and took quite some convincing to let me through.

They are contract security guards as I understand it and don't know a lot about ticketing at all. Indeed, if you rock up without one "railside" all they can do is let you through and ask you to buy one from the TVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.