• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR new WCML timetable, May 2019 (in open data feeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Issue is for me on a personal point of view, if LNR service at stone go belly up as a result of the timetable, it could be a disaster for exams o_O:!:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Idon'tKnow

@RealTrains07 The railway will always go belly up sometimes. Good advice is to check journeycheck in the morning and if the train to Stafford is cancelled take the 13/14/101 to Stafford.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
These "new" services are now showing in Journey Planners including LNR's own.

RealTrains07

Established Member
These "new" services are now showing in Journey Planners including LNR's own.

Journey planner gone belly up, only cross country services are showing up at the moment from stations like stafford and stoke

sd0733

Established Member
Just realised that the planned 2149 Euston - Crewe skips Atherstone. Some people will be disappointed.
Yes never noticed that before. Looks as if its booked Fast Line right through from Euston to Amington junction (south of Tamworth, obviously bar the Rugby call), presumably in order to carry out maintenance work on either line.

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-trains-announces-extra-15963126

Timetable announced for May 2019.

It's good news for West Midlands rail passengers as new timetables are set to bring extra trains and more direct services to a host of new destinations.

West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway will be introducing the new timetable this May.

Major cities, airports and transport hubs will see more direct services with many operating via Birmingham New Street , connecting London Euston to Wolverhampton, Walsall, Stoke-on-Trent and Liverpool.

The train firm said the changes would see three trains an hour operating from London Euston every day and more eight car trains.

Journey times from Birmingham on the West Coast Mainline will have reduced waiting time at Northampton.

The Chase line is also introducing electric trains following the £100m electrification of the route between Walsall and Rugeley Trent Valle and from Walsall, there will be an hourly service to London Euston and a half hourly service to Birmingham Airport from Monday to Saturday.

Passengers can look forward to earlier and later services to and from many stations:

*The last evening trains from New Street and Coventry will now leave between 20 and 45 minutes later and a new 1240am departure will begin from New Street on weekdays.

*On the Cross City North, four trains an hour will continue to the end of the line at Lichfield Trent Valley plus a new 1140pm departure from Birmingham New Street to Four Oaks on weekdays, and a 1125pm departure on Saturdays.

*Services calling at local stations to Wolverhampton will see an additional train from Birmingham at 1138pm from Monday to Saturday.

0_xcity.jpg

West Midlands Railway Cross City Line train
*There will be new Birmingham Snow Hill to Worcester Shrub Hill departures until 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.

Richard Brooks, customer experience director for West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway, said: “The timetable improvements being introduced in May will bring a range of benefits to passengers, with more direct services to destinations across our network and improved capacity on some of our busiest services.

Ticket office to close during March at this busy Birmingham train station
“We will also have a further timetable change in two years time, where passengers will see further benefits from the introduction of new trains onto the network, which when fully operational, will increase capacity by 25%.”

0_MQ.jpg

Snow Hill Station platform 3. (Image: Birmingham Live)
Mayor of the West Midlands Andy Street , added: “This is great news for those who want to go out for a night at the cinema, take in a show or see their favourite band because they know they will be able to get the train home thanks to later evening services on key routes.

READ MORE
Birmingham Rail Services
"There will also be more services on Saturdays and Sundays which will help those going for a day out as well as those many people who work weekends."

Jurg

I hope "more eight car trains" is not a bit of positive spin on "fewer twelve car trains".
The relevant wording in the press release is:
For passengers at Rugby and Nuneaton, some trains operating between London and Crewe will be made up of eight carriages rather than the current four. This is due to changes further north, where trains will no longer operate via Stoke-on-Trent on this route. Instead, passengers will be able make connections for onward services at Stafford.

Full press release at:
http://news.wmtrains.co.uk/pressrel...ces-and-faster-journey-times-this-may-2846649

Idon'tKnow

"On services between Crewe and London Euston, some trains will have eight carriages, rather than four. "

So maybe it won't be every Trent Valley service formed of 8 carriages as promised. :rolleyes:

Idon'tKnow

There probably isn't enough rolling stock. I hope they make it clear on the timetable which is which.

Yes, putting the number of carriages in a black square on the timetable shouldn't be too hard considering they do it already on the Northampton-Euston and further south timetables. But I don't know if someone travelling from Atherstone to London is really going to be checking that :?:

pt_mad

Established Member
"On services between Crewe and London Euston, some trains will have eight carriages, rather than four. "

So maybe it won't be every Trent Valley service formed of 8 carriages as promised. :rolleyes:

Would it be a fair guess that the extra class 350 (/4s) may be needed from TPE before there was enough stock to double them all, or most of them?

Also is it certain that 8 cars would even be needed on late evening services from Crewe to Euston anyway? Or on early morning services Northbound? There could be workings where 4 cars does not currently run near capacity?

nuneatonmark

I have asked the question directly to LNR. When this new timetable was first mooted, they stated ALL Trent valley services would be 8 coaches, later last year it was watered down to ‘most’, now it’s some. I have asked for clarification.

sufian123

I have asked the question directly to LNR. When this new timetable was first mooted, they stated ALL Trent valley services would be 8 coaches, later last year it was watered down to ‘most’, now it’s some. I have asked for clarification.

Due to TPE 350s delAyef coming to them. I think that’s why they are able to do some?

sd0733

Established Member
Timetable isnt perfect considering their is no word on the new liverpool - london service via the trent valley
nor on new weekly services between birmingham and crewe
There is no Liverpool to London via the Trent valley, not aware of any mention of one either to be honest. Any extension of the Trent Valley is lilely Manchester Airport not Liverpool

Deafdoggie

Established Member
There is no Liverpool to London via the Trent valley, not aware of any mention of one either to be honest. Any extension of the Trent Valley is lilely Manchester Airport not Liverpool

The plan was to merge a Liverpool-Birmingham, and a Birmingham-Euston into one through service.

RealTrains07

Established Member
The plan was to merge a Liverpool-Birmingham, and a Birmingham-Euston into one through service.
Wasnt aware of the that, at the time when they announced the new london to liverpool service I presumed taken that the new map LNR produced showed The same routes as the new timetable

Attachments

• B39A43EC-9771-4D71-8629-0309C606D961.png
    B39A43EC-9771-4D71-8629-0309C606D961.png
    140 KB · Views: 46

sd0733

Established Member
Yes thats what has happened. No Liverpool-euston not via Birmingham has ever been planned. To do so would make it 1tph Direct Liverpool-brum which would go down like a lead balloon.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Yes thats what has happened. No Liverpool-euston not via Birmingham has ever been planned. To do so would make it 1tph Direct Liverpool-brum which would go down like a lead balloon.
I wouldn't be quite so sure. There is an extra tph between Wolverhampton and Stafford in the new timetable, meaning that there would probably still be 2 non-overtaken itineraries per hour from Birmingham to Liverpool. Obviously not as convenient as a through service if you have to change, but if it's somewhere like Stafford then it could even be scheduled as a same-platform or cross-platform change.

Such a change is already commonly recommended by journey planners for passengers heading from the Trent Valley semifast to stations Crewe and north. It's even announced by the station staff manually whenever the semifast arrives, indicating quite how many people use it.

DavidGrain

Established Member
Interesting the LNW network map posted by Realtrains07 #294 above.
I was on Coventry Station a few weeks ago when the train came in from Leamington. This train will continue on to Nuneaton when the new timetable comes in. The train was announced as a London Northwestern service which I thought odd. I see this route is not shown on the LNW network map. The train was a single car unit with WMR stickers on it.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Interesting the LNW network map posted by Realtrains07 #294 above.
I was on Coventry Station a few weeks ago when the train came in from Leamington. This train will continue on to Nuneaton when the new timetable comes in. The train was announced as a London Northwestern service which I thought odd. I see this route is not shown on the LNW network map. The train was a single car unit with WMR stickers on it.

Some of the PIS systems get confused by the fact that both are still using LM as the TOC identifier, so that does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.