• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR new WCML timetable, May 2019 (in open data feeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
That might be what they tell you at the ticket offices when they are trying to avoid making any refunds BUT
London Northwetern Railway is a trading name of West Midlands Trains Ltd and
West Midlands Railways is a trading name of West Midlands Trains Ltd

and under the new timetable they will be mixing the services up even more. Even now before the new timetables come into effect many of the trains operating local services on the Walsall line are LNW liveried stock.

I am well aware of the ownership of the company thanks. It seems you are unaware that the LNWR name is owned by Arriva Traincare, I think. That is why LNWR train services are known as LNR.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavidGrain

Established Member
I am well aware of the ownership of the company thanks. It seems you are unaware that the LNWR name is owned by Arriva Traincare, I think. That is why LNWR train services are known as LNR.

It would have been helpful if you had said that in your previous post as I am sure many readers would like me have been confused

childwallblues

Established Member
It had a collision with a horse and is likely to be written off due to almost irreparable (let alone economically) structural damage. On a fleet of 10, being 1 down is not insignificant.
That’s all very well if it’s possible to keep the sub-classes to the appropriate services; the point I was making (and that Bletchleyite was replying to) was that with these new diagrams (Tring stoppers interworking with Liverpools for example) it is difficult to see how that will be achieved.

Also these new longer services are reminiscent of TPE in that they have to be all things to all people, local commuters and inter-city customers alike. A compromise 2+2 layout like the 350/1s and 3s for all the Aventras would have been fine IMHO.
The current BHM-LIV requires eight units and these could be of /1 /2 or/3 variants with no pariculat diagramming for any service.

sd0733

Established Member
The current BHM-LIV requires eight units and these could be of /1 /2 or/3 variants with no pariculat diagramming for any service.

There is diagramming for 1+3s and 2s but it's often a mis match. There are 7 all day diagrams of which 2 are booked for 1s and 3s and 5 are booked 2s. There is a diagram which does 2am trip which is a 1 and a diagram in the pm which is booked a 2.

iainbhx

As a 4 to 5 day a week user of the service, the 07:01 ex New Street is often a /1, the 07:36 usually a /2. The 16:19 ex-Crewe is nearly always a /1, the 16:49 ex-Crewe is always a /2 and the 17:19 ex-Crewe is always a /2. /3's are like hens teeth to be honest, I've had one this year.

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
Sent LNR a tweet about these ‘apparent’ Timetable changes. It is official that these will not be included in the new May 2019 Timetable.

They have not though ruled out introducing these in the future. They stated “Possibly. It is hard to say right now as there are no confirmed plans”

Last edited:

sufian123

Sent LNR a tweet about these ‘apparent’ Timetable changes. It is official that these will not be included in the new May 2019 Timetable.

They have not though ruled out introducing these in the future. They stated “Possibly. It is hard to say right now as there are no confirmed plans”

None of the new services happening then? Euston-Crewe won’t be longer trains anymore? No new Birmingham-Crewe service.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Wow. I wonder what's changed to prevent this from taking place? Delays to 350/4s from TPE perhaps?

At least I get to enjoy another few months of the 0713 :)

sufian123

Not in the May 2019 Timetable. New stock is still happening and the new services will happen at a later date.

Euston-Crewe via Trent Daley will still suffer overcrowding then? they did promise in Dec last year timetable change it’ll change in May and now they say later date.

sufian123

Euston-Crewe and Birmingham to Crewe change is happening.

Attachments

• B1F755D2-8612-494E-932A-85769EADCCDC.png
    B1F755D2-8612-494E-932A-85769EADCCDC.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 106

pt_mad

Established Member

I am really confused. What is happening in May then?

What information did you get from Twitter?

Presumably the changes shown in real-time trains will happen. Usually shows the timetable pretty accurately.

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
What information did you get from Twitter?

Presumably the changes shown in real-time trains will happen. Usually shows the timetable pretty accurately.

I sent them this: “Hello there, can you please confirm whether or not that from May 2019 whether you are planning to introduce a Liverpool-London via Birmingham service, a Rugeley-Birmingham-London service and a Crewe-London via Birmingham service.” With a link to the REALTIME data.

They sent back: “Hi Jorge these routes wont be included in the new May timetable unfortunately”.

I then asked whether they will be happening later in the franchise. They said: “Possibly! But as of right now it’s difficult to say no plans have been confirmed”.

Glenn1969

Established Member
Looks like RTT has been amended and the xx19 train from Crewe is now shown as terminating at New Street. Wonder if they had pathing issues on the WCML south of Birmingham that stopped this train going to Euston?

Glenn1969

Established Member
xx19 from Crewe is no longer changing to a Euston service in May

xx01, xx50 from Crewe and the Rugeley/Walsall service are still showing as running to Euston from May

sufian123

xx19 from Crewe is no longer changing to a Euston service in May

xx01, xx50 from Crewe and the Rugeley/Walsall service are still showing as running to Euston from May

It wasn’t the xx19 past rather the xx48 past was going to Euston. And still showing it is. No changes on RTT yet.

sufian123

Pretty sure when I read RTT last week they were both going to Euston. Could have been wrong though

The other one is going to Euston after terminating at Birmingham. It meant to couple into the new Crewe-Euston arrive at new st. Making it 8 cars formation to Euston. As it’s going to be airport-Liverpool runs in its place.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
The through Euston workings still all seem to be on RTT.
I notice there are also 2tph stoppers between Wolverhampton P5 and Walsall (via New St and Aston).
I thought the Crewe-Stoke-Birmingham was going to pick up one of these, but it only stops at Smethwick GB.
So not as slow as was first implied in the PR.

sufian123

The through Euston workings still all seem to be on RTT.
I notice there are also 2tph stoppers between Wolverhampton P5 and Walsall (via New St and Aston).
I thought the Crewe-Stoke-Birmingham was going to pick up one of these, but it only stops at Smethwick GB.
So not as slow as was first implied in the PR.

Original plans was for Birmingham-Crewe to be extended by a wolves train. However due to objections from stone and others, it was combined with a Euston-bhm service instead.

RailWonderer

Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks this is insanity? Why does a Liverpool Lime St - London Euston need to call at Hemel Hempstead??
Will anyone sit on a 350 for 4 hours + just to scrimp and save a few pounds off a Virgin ticket? Can someone give me a rational business or practical case to have through trains like these? I don't see anything wrong with the current timetable, although the Crewe via New St and the Trent Valley fast direct London - Crewe seem like a good idea. Reliability will seriously be affected, long through trains aren't all necessary or practical loadings and reliability-wise as NXEA found out with through Lowestoft/Peterborough to London Liv St services.

Status
Not open for further replies.