• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Local Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nat the Ned

It hasnt worked in passenger service yet. Went ECS Laira to Exeter shed with a black 153 so it could have a B exam. Laira just did the relivery, it is indeed all vinyls. Is being officially launched next week.

1VWC

It hasnt worked in passenger service yet. Went ECS Laira to Exeter shed with a black 153 so it could have a B exam. Laira just did the relivery, it is indeed all vinyls. Is being officially launched next week.

Wonder how many passengers had to stand/wait for the next train while this was being done just so FGW could have some press (i.e. we are great) event. :!:

Turbostar

Btw, you say it's all vinyls. I take it it was repainted in plain undercoat before plastering it with vinyls, or you telling me it's kept that horrible Wessex Trains livery?

Mart

Nat the Ned

The Wessex livery was vinyls so was stripped and rubbed down before getting the new ones!! Think 150249 is being done now..

Turbostar

Just looked at close up pics of the cab & looking at the diff names, was a competition held so as to decide what names to plaster over it?

Mart

Nat the Ned

Just looked at close up pics of the cab & looking at the diff names, was a competition held so as to decide what names to plaster over it?

Mart

Yes!! If I remember correctly if your suggestion featured on the new livery you got £50?? There were posters in the units when First took over 'Your local train is changing, what would you like to call it'.

Some of the names on it are rather bizarre...

devon_metro

Established Member
The Wessex livery was vinyls so was stripped and rubbed down before getting the new ones!! Think 150249 is being done now..

Good to see a local Paignton resident getting done.

They need to get that thing in service for tomorrow. Off for a bit of Langstone rock bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.