• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetrainauto

Hi team, noob to the forum. Worked in aviation and automotive but always been fascinated with rail.
Anyhow have a tenuous reason for joining and need some help.
I'm looking for information on this picture, ideally a location.
I'm fairly certain it was taken this week in Cheshire, looks like a phone mast in the background?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505_201520.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505_201520.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 232
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I would have a stab at that being somewhere within 10 miles south of Crewe on the west coast mainline....then again I could also be completely incorrect!

Nottingham59

Established Member
It's difficult to tell, but I would expect more overhead wiring to be visible if it was on a four-track section of the WCML, so I would guess it's two track, which would put it north of Crewe (unless it's much further south, around Weedon).

If that is indeed 5V42 yesterday, then from the shadow of the OHLE mast at around 3pm I would guess that it's on a section of track running approximately NW-SE.

HTH

Last edited:

Planetrainauto

It's difficult to tell, but I would expect more overhead wiring to be visible if it was on a four-track section of the WCML, so I would guess it's two track, which would put it north of Crewe (unless it's much further south, around Weedon).

If that is indeed 5V42 yesterday, then from the shadow of the OHLE mast at around 3pm I would guess that it's on a section of track running approximately NW-SE.

HTH
Amazing detail, thank you

I don't think Google maps is accurate enough, unless there's a driver or someone that can narrow it down to between stations I don't think I'll find it, thanks for all your help though guys, very kind of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.