• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location of Oyster Readers at GTR interchange stations with Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroWolfe

Can you let me know if there is an Oyster Reader on the platforms at Farringdon if I want to change from GTR to get the Circle/Met line so I can touch-in?

As you know, arriving at Finsbury Park Platform 2 you have to go down a flight of stairs to touch-in and then return upstairs if I want to change for an onwards journey via Moorgate which means 9 times out of 10 I miss a connection!

Are there any other stations like this assuming there isn't a Master List anywhere?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, there are Oyster validators at Farringdon. I don't know of a master list. There are also valiadtors between the Victoria line platforms and the GN platforms at Highbury & Islington if that helps.

KatieLouLou

Not entirely sure what ticket you have that means you can travel to Farringdon before touching in, but have to touch in at Finsbury before travelling to Moorgate?

A Challenge

Established Member
Not entirely sure what ticket you have that means you can travel to Farringdon before touching in, but have to touch in at Finsbury before travelling to Moorgate?
Probably a ticket to London Thameslink (which is valid further than Farringdon on Thameslink, but they are changing to LU).

KatieLouLou

Probably a ticket to London Thameslink (which is valid further than Farringdon on Thameslink, but they are changing to LU).

Yes but if going to Moorgate per the OP's quote then a London Terminals ticket will suffice at a cheaper cost. If journeying beyond Moorgate simply tap in on the reader on the Northern City Line platform.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Technically, you can't join the tube to Moorgate at Farringdon, as the inter-availability rule specifically excludes intermediate stations (not that anyone would detect this)

A Challenge

Established Member
Technically, you can't join the tube to Moorgate at Farringdon, as the inter-availability rule specifically excludes intermediate stations (not that anyone would detect this)
This isn't for inter-availability (using the rail ticket on the Underground), it is for continuing using an oyster card.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
This isn't for inter-availability (using the rail ticket on the Underground), it is for continuing using an oyster card.
Not with a London Terminals ticket as suggested by KatieLouLou it isn't, as they aren't valid via Farringto except on LU using the interavailabilty rule. (Fine with staying on National Rail to Farringdon using a London Thameslink ticket of course)

KatieLouLou

Not with a London Terminals ticket as suggested by KatieLouLou it isn't, as they aren't valid via Farringto except on LU using the interavailabilty rule. (Fine with staying on National Rail to Farringdon using a London Thameslink ticket of course)
I didn't suggest using a London Terminals ticket to Farringdon, but using one to Moorgate, which was a destination noted by the OP, is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.