• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco Haulage Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord

Does anybody know if theres any loco haulage on passenger diagrams this summer anywhere over UK ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
I think he maybe talking about proper loco-hauled trains, not railtours? Also, noticed you live in Peterhead 'Jord', that's quite a long way from anywhere isn't it? :)

Jord

I think he maybe talking about proper loco-hauled trains, not railtours? Also, noticed you live in Peterhead 'Jord', that's quite a long way from anywhere isn't it? :)

thats what i meant not railtours proper loco hauled railtours or HSTs and yes Peterhead a very long way but im down in Birmingham from 6th july till 16th july so want to fit in as much as possible of any loco workings or HSTs so do you know any times for what im on about??

Dennis

Established Member
Well I'm getting all excited by the prospects of 47's to Great Yarmouth, 31's to Minehead and 67's to Weymouth :-P.

Think you're a couple years too late for anything other than these summer Saturday services and a few other 'specials'; might as well go on a railtour.

Jord

Well I'm getting all excited by the prospects of 47's to Great Yarmouth, 31's to Minehead and 67's to Weymouth :-P.

Think you're a couple years too late for anything other than these summer Saturday services and a few other 'specials'; might as well go on a railtour.

lol wel i wish i was born a few years earlyer and the 31 to minehead they run minehead - bristol - minehead? would be better if it was bristol - minehead - bristol know what i mean and if you got the 67 to weymouth in the mornin you got about 6 hours to waste if you was going to wait for it to go back unless another set is running at a different time?

Dennis

Established Member
The Minehead trains (if they run) are certainly inconvinient. 6 hours in Weymouth isn't a problem - Bristol VR bus to Portland Bill, couple of pints, bit of bird watching and the times gone.

Jord

The Minehead trains (if they run) are certainly inconvinient. 6 hours in Weymouth isn't a problem - Bristol VR bus to Portland Bill, couple of pints, bit of bird watching and the times gone.

but i dont think i can get down to temple meads from birmingham for 8 o clock (i've been looking in the loco hauled to weymouth thread and it says its 08:34 the 67 departs bristol but then i looked on first great westerns site for times and train depart bristol at 4 minutes past every house not 34 minutes past the hour so i dont know what to believe here and do you know what time the HSTs are running to newquay / paignton ?

Jord

Dennis do you know about the real times the 67 departs bristol in the mornings?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is there going to be 57s + Mk 2 manchester - holyhead? or is it voyagers or pendolinos?

Dennis

Established Member
I'm not yet convinced 67's to Weymouth are going to happen, despite what has been posted elsewhere.....but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Jord

I'm not yet convinced 67's to Weymouth are going to happen, despite what has been posted elsewhere.....but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

well it does say in railways illustated that 67s are going to weymouth so i think it will but i dont believe that 37s are going back on the fort william sleepers and 401 is being painted in barbie livery

thefab444

Established Member
The odd thing is there is nothing on the FGW website to promote how brilliant they are by hiring in an extra train.

6th - 16th July eh? Minehead stuff doesn't start till 28th July? Or is it 21st?

Jam

Thought the 31's to Minehead had been put off this year, or am i wrong ?

Dennis

Established Member
Apart from the FGW and Scottish sleepers and any Pendo drags (which are all normally GM powered so not paticulalry rateable IMHO) , that's your lot for regular scheduled diesel hauled services.

Plenty of electric loco haulage still to be had on the ECML and to Anglia.

David

Established Member
Plenty of electric loco haulage still to be had on the ECML and to Anglia.

91s are not rate-able though. Even I go out of my way to avoid them. Best thing about the ECML are the HSTs, even if they are slowly but surely being decimated....

Jim

Established Member
but i dont think i can get down to temple meads from birmingham for 8 o clock (i've been looking in the loco hauled to weymouth thread and it says its 08:34 the 67 departs bristol but then i looked on first great westerns site for times and train depart bristol at 4 minutes past every house not 34 minutes past the hour so i dont know what to believe here and do you know what time the HSTs are running to newquay / paignton ?

You could if it was a weekday, 0616 from New St IIRC

thefab444

Established Member
The train is not replacing an existing service; the existing Weymouth trains leave BTM at xx:04 (supposedly) as shown in the FGW timetable. The extra is 08:34 BRI - WEY, designed to follow the 08:04. The return from Weymouth follows the 17:20 ? as the 17:49 WEY - BRI.

Not listed in any travel planners as yet though.

Jam

Thanks Jord

Looks like we might be in for some 31 thrash this summer after all.

there is a bit on the WSR website as well under latest news saying they will run.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
91s are not rate-able though. Even I go out of my way to avoid them. Best thing about the ECML are the HSTs, even if they are slowly but surely being decimated....

Agreed with you on that. I can't think of anyone who would actually WANT to go on a Mallard set with a 91. As part of connecting moves to a better bash is a push for desire to get a Mallard. Only time I'd want to get one is if it were a booked move home. Only then for as short a distance as possible!

Jord

The train is not replacing an existing service; the existing Weymouth trains leave BTM at xx:04 (supposedly) as shown in the FGW timetable. The extra is 08:34 BRI - WEY, designed to follow the 08:04. The return from Weymouth follows the 17:20 ? as the 17:49 WEY - BRI.

Not listed in any travel planners as yet though.

Oh right ok well that means i can get to Weymouth for the 67s :razz:

Jordy

Established Member
Best thing about the ECML are the HSTs, even if they are slowly but surely being decimated....

I agree, and it is a shame they are being 'decimated', but even after they've been MTU'd, at least they've still got drop down windows and no underfloor engine, rather like being 90 hauled I guess! Not all is lost - at least they are having their life 'extended' and not being withdrawn :)

Jordy

class 313

Established Member
Agreed with you on that. I can't think of anyone who would actually WANT to go on a Mallard set with a 91. As part of connecting moves to a better bash is a push for desire to get a Mallard. Only time I'd want to get one is if it were a booked move home. Only then for as short a distance as possible!

91 sets arn't that bad on the passenger side of view. You honestly keep saying "I don't know anyone who would actually go on..." But people do. And how else can you get on a mallard set without a 91?

Status
Not open for further replies.