• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco-hauled Par to Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil beard

Apologies if this has already been the subject of a thread. I see that the May 2016 timetable shows a Saturday 17:50 working from St David's to Penzance as last year. Is this still going to be loco-hauled? I cannot see the westbound working from Par in the morning that ran last year. Is this running and loco--hauled? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

phil beard

Thanks for your help. I'm down there next week and look forward to some decent weather. Cheers!

Martin_1981

Apologies if this has already been the subject of a thread. I see that the May 2016 timetable shows a Saturday 17:50 working from St David's to Penzance as last year. Is this still going to be loco-hauled? I cannot see the westbound working from Par in the morning that ran last year. Is this running and loco--hauled? Thanks.

Does this basically run with the sleeper stock but with only the seated coaches in use?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
In case anybody is wondering, there will be no LHCS tomorrow due to Sleepers disrupted as result of derailment at Paddington. Could be HST, possibly of 1C99 tonight.

Kite159

Veteran Member
In case anybody is wondering, there will be no LHCS tomorrow due to Sleepers disrupted as result of derailment at Paddington. Could be HST, possibly of 1C99 tonight.

10p on it being a 150 tomorrow, maybe a 150+153 depending what stock GWR has got spare (I'm guessing 150002 returned to Reading after its little summer jolly to the seaside last weekend?)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
10p on it being a 150 tomorrow, maybe a 150+153 depending what stock GWR has got spare (I'm guessing 150002 returned to Reading after its little summer jolly to the seaside last weekend?)

150002 has returned to Reading.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
And most likely the last summer it operates, so if you want it, don't wait too long to make the trip.

D6975

Established Member
Starting at St Erth too...
Only a few mins on the tram from Penzance for a short fester at St Erth.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Plymouth-Exeter-Plymouth 57 haulage for the price of a Devon day rover ticket £10.00.

superb

berneyarms

Established Member
Starting at St Erth too...
Only a few mins on the tram from Penzance for a short fester at St Erth.

Sorry - what tram?

Some people call HST's trams.

Sometimes I have to wonder about some of the terms used by people. It's almost as if there is some different language used!

Fester is either a very rude term, or means being very lazy or to become bitter - none of which is appropriate here, and calling an HST a tram is bizarre frankly.

Can people not use simple English terms such as "wait" and call the train what it actually is?

Last edited:

Kentish Paul

Sometimes I have to wonder about some of the terms used by people. It's almost as if there is some different language used!

Fester is either a very rude term, or means being very lazy or to become bitter - none of which is appropriate here, and calling an HST a tram is bizarre frankly.

Can people not use simple English terms such as "wait" and call the train what it actually is?

Well said Berney. Having lived in Penzance for 30 years i'm wondering how i missed seeing a tram.

Are they still operating these with the buffet in use this year? And why is it likely to be The last year of operation??
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.