• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotive Services Fleet (LSL) updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northernbelle

Buying rolling stock based on the paint-job rather than mechanical condition sounds about right.
It might've made very good business sense if they bought it at a good rate and can still make some quick bucks based on it looking like a '125' rather than a withdrawn hand-me-down - no doubt the possibilities have been considered by LSL and the leasing company.

On Moderation
It might've made very good business sense if they bought it at a good rate and can still make some quick bucks based on it looking like a '125' rather than a withdrawn hand-me-down - no doubt the possibilities have been considered by LSL and the leasing company.
But everyone knows LSL have a stack of cash backing them, so prices tend to go up rather than down when they are involved.

northernbelle

But everyone knows LSL have a stack of cash backing them, so prices tend to go up rather than down when they are involved.
Comes down to one thing then - if LSL want to buy it and have the money then that's up to them, whether it's sensible or not!

adc82140

Established Member
Can someone remind me which coaches are included with this? Thanks.

malc-c

Noticed a railtour is scheduled for 24-26th July with 55022 doing the run form Kings Cross to York and back... The website stated "subject to availability"... Can anyone shed any light on that availability... Would really like to see a Deltic on the ECML again...

fgwrich

Established Member
Plot twist. The LNER Farewell set isn’t as all it seems, as LSL and Angel were just as confused to see that announcement as most of us were. So, the flying froth express may still be bound for Booths!

Attachments

• 2C4F2486-AD48-4C41-BFC9-70AD667E4123.jpeg
    2C4F2486-AD48-4C41-BFC9-70AD667E4123.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 188

43 302

Established Member
Plot twist. The LNER Farewell set isn’t as all it seems, as LSL and Angel were just as confused to see that announcement as most of us were. So, the flying froth express may still be bound for Booths!
Well that makes much more sense!

TimboM

Established Member
Noticed a railtour is scheduled for 24-26th July with 55022 doing the run form Kings Cross to York and back... The website stated "subject to availability"... Can anyone shed any light on that availability... Would really like to see a Deltic on the ECML again...
It's really as simple as it not being operational currently (as we know) and LSL are currently working hard on it with the aim of it being on that tour. However, with something like a Deltic (and bearing in mind there is only one it can be) they're rightly hedging their bets should things not go to plan over the coming weeks and it's not ready for that particular tour.

We'll just have to see (along with LSL!) whether it makes it or not - but if it doesn't I'm sure it'll end up on the ECML at some point in the not too distant future.

The One : One Collection have updated their post and issued a correction say they'd got muddled up and it's the Midland Pullman rake that is nominally joining the collection not the Blue/Grey HST rake at Ely. They apologised for confusion caused etc.

So as you were - i.e. the blue/grey rake is still rusting away at Ely and looking favourite to be next allocated to Heinz and/or Gillette.

ScotRail158725

Established Member

DB

So thats 2/3 of the LSL HSTs done then? What livery will the other set be going into?

Three more power cars, I think.

Isn't the other trailer set the ex-EMT one? Do they intend to use that for anything apart from training?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Three more power cars, I think.

Isn't the other trailer set the ex-EMT one? Do they intend to use that for anything apart from training?
yeah theres 43047/49/83 which are all still EMR, thought they had coaching stock for them too?