• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotives coming off lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothby97

Established Member
With the news the other day on WNXX that the first 66s to be delivered to EWS/DBS fifteen years ago are to come of lease..
DBS 66s to come off lease...?
Unconfirmed indications (otherwise often and usually referred to as rumours and speculation) are suggesting that a number of Class 66s (up to 30 being mentioned) are to come off lease from DBS at some point. 2013 sees the fifteenth anniversary (time flies) of the introduction of the type to traffic in the UK with no less than 72 Class 66s being built.

..I have a question,
When do the other leased locos come off lease which are owned by ROSCOs (leasing companies) and not groups such as HNRC or RMS Locotec.
I know this is a strange question but I have a thing for asking questions like this (and you could say I'm a strange person)
Thanks, Sam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Well, Freightliner and DRS have taken a number of their 66s out of their fleets and they've been taken on by other operators (or sent to Poland). Some locos are on to their third operator by now; Freightliner, DRS, Colas, Advenza and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if the DBS ones foudn their way to Poland as well, that seems to be the growing market.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I thought DB had already moved 15 of their 66s to Poland ( in addition to the large numbers in France )?

That's more than Freightliner have moved to Poland!

Status
Not open for further replies.