• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loco's at Lydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SN1 19-5

I was working there today on the level crossing on the A48.

I spotted (most) of a 31 that was hiding under a tarpaulin. This one seemed to be missing a cab!

There was something else behind.

What is t'other thing?

What are their numbers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SN1 19-5

31 wasn't in a shed. 37308? Right behind? Could be!

I will be back there on Monday. I will take a pic or two. I will take me camera on Monday!

Spirit555

Yes believe so, it was recently sold by the owner & moved onto a new owner on the dean forest. The 31s there should be 31466 & 31410 which is a long term restoration project.
47524 today left the Dean Forest Railway for scrap at Booth Rotherham. It apparently has a knackered frame.

Also isn't the second 31, 31210. Been there for years.

HTH

Mark

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
47524 today left the Dean Forest Railway for scrap at Booth Rotherham. It apparently has a knackered frame.

Also isn't the second 31, 31210. Been there for years.

HTH

Mark
Thanks Mark.

xotGD

Established Member
So when can we expect to see 37308 out and about?

Alanko

Somewhere between Waverley and Queen Street.
The 31s there should be 31466 & 31410 which is a long term restoration project.

Just a thought really, but from seeing a pair of dead-looking 26s on the Strathspey Railway last week parked up at Boat of Garten, I wonder how many of these long term restoration projects have any real future? These locos are fairly common in preservation, and both the 26s at Strathspey and the 31s here at Lydney appear to be redundant within the inventory of their respective railways.

I suppose a variant of the same question is: why bother restoring a 37? There are scads of them in existence in good working condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.