• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locos at Studley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammer

Hi folks, i took a container to Alleys Heavy Haulage at Sudbury this week, i was just told the company was called Alleys, i never realised who i was going to untill i arrived, anyway.......

When i arrived there a few railway locos stored on site, while i was getting unloaded the lads kindly let me go and have a nose around, so heres what i seen and few questions to...

There was a NSE EMU driving coach (for those interested in all things EMU), dunno what it was but it was in a terrible state, the number on the front was i think 7001, the vehicle number was 1990s

Along side was (and looking very sorry itself) 73103, my question for this is simple, who owns it and what kind of future does it have?

Along side were three more vehicles that were sheeted over but the shape of one of them looked suspicously like a 121 or 122 DMU.

Lastly there was a class 37, no number, one side was in Mainline freight blue, the other was in undercoat for a repaint into BR Large Logo blue, had a good nose round it (only looked, never touched) it was a split box example and looked like somebody has spent alot of time and cash restoring it (still got some time and cash to go to by the looks of it).
Simple question on this is again who owns it and whats its future, also which 37 is it, im gonna guess at 37023, but if anyone can confirm i'd be gratefull.

All in all a very interesting job, its always interesting to find locos in locations were you'd never expect to any! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GearJammer

Status
Not open for further replies.