• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locos in South Wales 18th March 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
http://railways.mjspencer.com/site/thumbnails.php?album=95

Locos in South Wales at Newport, Cardiff and Gloucester

normal_2006_0318SouthWales0067.JPG
normal_2006_0318SouthWales0042.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
A fine selection of locos there; I was thinking of going down that way but after standing around Westbury for about 20mins I decided it was a bit too cold and windy for standing about all day! What a wimp - look at what I missed out on. :sad1:

Ascot

Established Member
I seen you there if you was there about 09:05 by the CT 170 (was with the guard). And also 13:57 seen you (if it was you :s)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was there at 09:05 so you probably did see me. I was going to be on the CT service but I got an earlier VT service from New Street

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice shots matt, the most interesting Cardiff and Newport will be for a while now! Did the 31s not show up?

There's one shot that says the 50 was going to Bridgend. This wasn't the case was it? 50s in Bridgend would be a spectacular sight, certainly very rare and worth photting!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There was no 31s. The class 50s did indeed do one diagram to Bridgend.

Thanks for the comments guys

Techniquest

Veteran Member
! 50s in Bridgend, man that would have been cool to go and see, or at least bash there...Pity the 31s didn't run.

Beaker

Established Member
Dennis said:
A fine selection of locos there; I was thinking of going down that way but after standing around Westbury for about 20mins I decided it was a bit too cold and windy for standing about all day! What a wimp - look at what I missed out on. :sad1:
Never mind cold it was freezing at westbury

Status
Not open for further replies.